Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

Sounds like you were doping. You're suspended for 8 games.
    Get that weak shit off my track

That's why you see (at least I do) a bunch of knuckle heads wearing those altitude masks. They look ridiculous and don't really simulate a high altitude environment.

I ride my bike about five miles a day. (Not much, I know. )

whatever exercise you do is good, because it's exercise, and may slightly help us not die from our decadent first world lifestyle and calorific foods

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Les Mills Kiwi pride, AMIRITE??

Music, yeah, but I think technique and focus are more important.

6 out of 7? You nut.
    Gym membership isn't cheap, gotta get value for money! I normally go 5 times a week.

Monday evening: Bodypump/spin
    Wednesday evening: Bodycombat
    Thursday evening: Bodycombat/spin/stretch class
    Friday evening: swimming
    Saturday morning: Bodypump/Bodycombat

Tuesday is rest day, Sundays I'm now trying to get out on my real bike followed by a run, of which I'll need to start doing more as I've got a sprint triathlon in July. It's fair to say I'm addicted

Wanna Fight?
    DDP Yoga at least 3 times a week and as many 3+ mile walks as I feel like.

I did the Turbulence Training "bodyweight punisher" and "Quad Domination" workouts today, back to back.

PROS:
    Easy and quick to do without equipment, hence good for traveling (which is why I did them).
    It's full-body Interval training of a sort, I guess.

CONS:
    Difficult to motivate yourself when you're apparently in better shape than both trainers on the vid and have enough energy to laugh at both of them for giving grats when you are blasting the guy demoing the exercise
    Needed to do 2 sets to feel some proper effort, hence negating time savings.
    Hilarious dialogue (ensuring more laughs). Total Body Extensions are a secret ninja move that are a TT signature that everyone is only now discovering? Dude...

VERDICT:
    Good for clueless and/or time-pressed, yet sedentary people with limited access to gym equipment.

So, I ran monday and twisted my ankle in the first quarter mile, I ran through the pain which lasted about 0.5 mile further. I only planned on running 2 miles that run anyway. My time was not very good as I had asthma issues during the run also. Time was not very good and I did not feel great during the run after the twisted ankle episode.

I let the ankle rest for workout sake, and didn't run until today. Originally planned to run 2.5 today but instead I just ran 3 miles as the street I ran on had an intersection at the 1.5 mile mark. Ankle was no issue, but I had a weird asthma like issue where it felt like all of the muscles in my chest tightened up. I had never experienced that before so I walked a half mile to the intersection as planned, then ran the remaining 1.5 without an issue.

I felt pretty good about the run, especially the 1.5. my 5k is on Saturday at 2pm, which is going to hot and uncomfortable. Going to start hitting the water, avocados, and bananas hard to prevent possible cramps. Originally was aiming for a sub 20 5k, but with the late start to prep and the ankle twist, I think a sub 25 minute time is a safer bet.

I started DDP Yoga last night and ended up sweating like a whore in church. Did it again today and followed it with a two mile walk.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    I started DDP Yoga last night and ended up sweating like a whore in church. Did it again today and followed it with a two mile walk.
    Good stuff!