Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: *synth* I WORKOUT

I haven't exercised in two and a half weeks now. Thought the enforced time off would be good to clear up a couple of niggles.
    I have been playing more Beat Saber (upper body and does raise the heart rate when playing Expert +) and had more time on the sim rig (legs, though only really my left for breaking) 😂

I hope I can get back to eggs given some time. I tried going 3-4 weeks without them, then ate some and regretted it. Then I went something like 6-8 weeks and tried a single hard-boiled egg from a different source. No good. Thankfully dairy is still an option for me. I love most kinds of meats, it's just not as cheap/quick/easy as eggs.

That's a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashie View Post
    ...Been running more too now that school is all online and I don't have to travel.
    I have been fortunate enough to work from home, and without need of travel, I too have more free time. I now do a morning run each day. Same route... same distance... for over 3 weeks now. A couple thoughts/musings from my experiences:

• New England weather always keeps things interesting, even if the route is the same everyday.
    • The roads would normally be packed with traffic during the morning commute, instead it's like an early Sunday each day with few cars.
    • I'm starting to recognize regular walkers and runners that I see out there. I greet each runner with wave or thumbs up.
    • Seems to me that dogs being walked are even happier than usual.
    • I'm seeing more wildlife. Spotted a large group of turkeys just walking through the neighborhood.
    • I've started to recognize some drivers/cars that I see on a normal basis.
    • I wave to each police car that passes by. They usually wave back. I do the same for the garbage men at the end of the week.
    • My run takes me to the ocean coast where I stop, stretch, and watch the waves for a bit before heading back. I find it soul-soothing and helps ease any tense thoughts/feelings I might be having at the time.
    • I'm grateful for being able to do this.

Yeah I'm loving having this extra time to utilize and grateful that the weather is getting warmer soon. I added some weight training now that restrictions are lifted too.

69 (nice!) days in a row for me. Even if you haven't started, even if things might be opening up around you, I think we are all in for a long time of this kind of unique hardship. I've found that me getting out each day has helped enable me, strengthen me to combat the dreariness that is all around. Sure the mileage is nice, and the streak is nice... I am still able to fit into my jeans and I physically feel well... but I value most the fact that each day I exercise and do something in such a way that I can go back and do the same thing the next day--I'm affirming to myself and the world that I'm here today and I'll still be here tomorrow.

I wish the same for all of you.

Today I ran 11 miles, for the 102nd day in a row.

When I started this.... all I wanted to do was make lemonade out of lemons. I wanted to run a program that was new to reflect this new lifestyle that was upon us all. Something different, a challenge, and sustainable. I never planned that it would take me past 100 days.... (To be frank, when this first started I naively thought it'd all be solved by end of April.)

And it's been all of that. Definitely different than anything I've tried before.... Definitely sustainable as I've focused on not burning out and listening to any aches and pains that I have (and yes, I have them.... just they are rarely in the same spot for several days in a row... which would be an injury).... and I'm pretty proud of the accomplishment so yes, this was a challenge.

Getting in eleven-hundred+ miles during this time has brought with it some unique logistics. I'm currently working on my fourth pair of running shoes. I kind of expected that as I tend to start a new pair after the old one is between 300-400 miles. More surprisingly, I've torn holes in three of my running shorts.

Oh man, running sucks, I'm so sorry for you

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Oh man, running sucks, I'm so sorry for you
    Don't be. Running is great.

Pfft. Cycling is where it's at.

I haven't rode since COVID-19 was a thing.