View Poll Results: Whose speshizzle helmizzle lookz the biznitch?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nuthin' sez champ like Sebbie's Led Zepp!

0 0%
  • Valtri's bling a ling chipz n gold nuggetz

0 0%
  • Imma not gay n shit but them Sauberses are kinda kewl

0 0%
  • Yo! Respect, y'all, Dann's the mann yo, Peace out, yo!

0 0%
  • Flamin' taco of luv from mah humboi Serge-da-merge

0 0%
  • Marc and Eric's soundz old skool

1 25.00%
  • Whuteva Lewis haz on hiz lid, he ownz them bitchesss

2 50.00%
  • Leave Kimi Raikkonen alone, He knows what he is doing.

1 25.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Just watch the er... Tivo, yeah, the tivo'd race last night.

1) Maldonado: ha-ha!
    2) Pérez: you dumb fuck!
    3) Vettel: shit happens, now sit on the balcony and eat your humble pie, you did everything the last two years to make us enjoy it now that you're getting shafted.
    4) JEV: what did guy do in his past life? was he running over kittens with a lawnmower?
    5) Guti: Seriously dude, seriously? great start, great discipline to make the strategy work, great work staying in contention and then... that? that's first grader stuff homes, you're in like graduate school and you fuck that up? that's not even chiltonesque. Oh, and you gave those points to a Marussia, yes, Marussia and Caterham are now both ahead of your team.
    6) Kimi: I don't think you can blame him too much.
    7) Dani Ric: Bravo.
    acket.

I agree about not blaming him too much. I just look back at where he was after the safety car. He *might* have been able to battle for 2nd had he not lost a tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500 View Post
    See, even if you hadn't just made that up, it still wouldn't be an excuse. He must be hurting his relationship with the team the way he acts, which means he's hurting himself.

He really needs to learn how to just shut up and drive. He's like night and day when things go his way, or if there's minor (or even imagined) obstacles.

F1 drivers need to be on edge, but he's on the wrong edge sometimes.
    I dunno, my memory might be fading, but based on me starting to follow F-1 during the Senna and Prost era..., I think the only cool and collected least offensive gentlemanly champ who I don't ever recall throwing any sort of fits was probably Damon Hill. But he was the most boring to watch. In terms of nationality, yeah I think champs from Finland and UK are usually pretty good. Hamilton by far is the worst when it comes to childishness and paranoia, but also the most talented British champ. Comparing Mika and Kimi, I think Mika was probably also the better behaving Finnish champ, but on track, it's obvious Kimi is faster.

Anyway, it does seem to me that the faster one is on track, the more misbehaviors tend to come out for whatever reasons. Could be that their emotions sometimes help them go faster? Kimi shows very little emotions, but by the way he handle some of his interviews and radio communications, you can tell he can get very emotional at times, but he is just amazingly good at bottling it up and only releasing it on track when needed...

Anyway, just my observation of past few decades. I could be wrong.

Lastly, IMHO, in order to find out exactly where that 'edge' is, you have to cross it occasionally. If you've never went over, how do you know if you've reach close enough to the 100% of the edge? I really don't think being on the wrong edge sometimes is a bad thing... as long as he continues to win races and collect championship points.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 28th, 2014 at 09:48 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think Massa is pretty composed, but also not world champion (came VERY close though)

Yeah, that's my theory. Unless you have superb equipment like Damon Hill did, nice guys don't usually win F-1 championships.

As long as Hamilton doesn't continue to stay on the wrong side of that 'edge', I'm sure he'll still have a stellar career.

With that said, I'm still pulling for Rosberg this year... because he seems like a very nice guy to prove my theory wrong!

I was going to say Coulthard. Then it hit me, he never won a championship.

It's not about whether or not they're nice guys.
    No doubt most champions (or F1 drivers for that matter) need to be driven and focused, if not downright bastards.

My issue with Hamilton is that his whining and petulant behaviour is damaging the team and himself.

CI then went on to say that "pretty much all past champs had acted childishly and paranoid", which I think is BS.

The only one I can think of that comes close, was Alonso on some occasions, and even that's a couple of years ago.
    It seemed that late in the season, when things didn't go his way, he'd need to work himself into a frenzy of paranoia and drama to be able to perform.

Vettel has had his moments, but not on the same level as Hamilton.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500 View Post
    My issue with Hamilton is that [he] is damaging the team and himself.
    Vettel has had his moments, but not on the same level as Hamilton.
    I put forward SV's message to the team, It sounded like "Help me out, guys!" When he was retiring from the race.
    Lewis' cries really were not in the same neighborhood of disarray or with the same team spirit either, he's telling them that he hates to be beaten by Rosberg, and it's somehow their fault.
    Worse, after the race he says "I've seen things in Nico's telemetry that make me shake my head" and it's been clarified by Toto Wolf that BOTH drivers used forbidden engine settings to try to beat the other guy. That is fair game, and Lewis comes across as someone who won't play fair.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; May 28th, 2014 at 01:09 PM.
    acket.

He does idolize Senna, someone who was known to push every area when on the track. I am looking at Japan 1990 as one example.

Yeah, Senna was a ruthless bastard no doubt, and Hamilton's constant comparisons don't exactly help his case, IMO.

He doesn't put his money where his mouth is, as much as put his foot far up the gift horse's ass, to dismember a couple of idioms.