View Poll Results: Whose speshizzle helmizzle lookz the biznitch?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nuthin' sez champ like Sebbie's Led Zepp!

0 0%
  • Valtri's bling a ling chipz n gold nuggetz

0 0%
  • Imma not gay n shit but them Sauberses are kinda kewl

0 0%
  • Yo! Respect, y'all, Dann's the mann yo, Peace out, yo!

0 0%
  • Flamin' taco of luv from mah humboi Serge-da-merge

0 0%
  • Marc and Eric's soundz old skool

1 25.00%
  • Whuteva Lewis haz on hiz lid, he ownz them bitchesss

2 50.00%
  • Leave Kimi Raikkonen alone, He knows what he is doing.

1 25.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Fiat500 View Post
    Vettel has had his moments, but not on the same level as Hamilton.
    Multi 21?

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    and it's been clarified by Toto Wolf that BOTH drivers used forbidden engine settings to try to beat the other guy. That is fair game, and Lewis comes across as someone who won't play fair.
    This is one thing I completely don't understand. What is the purpose of this forbidden engine mode? Is it legal to use it? If so, why forbid them from using it? If it's really that risky to use it, why not just disable it so drivers cannot use it at all?

Here's a button that can make you go faster, but no you can't use it! Yeah right. If a racing driver obey such a command from the team, he's destined not to become a champion. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Multi 21?
    That's just him being a ruthless asshole, different thing.

Ignoring team orders? Ruthless asshole, A-OK.
    Telling your team they need to do better? Childish team-killer, bad.

Not a huge fan of either, but I'm annoyed by how many successful people act. Sometimes the things that annoy me are major reasons why they got to where they are, sometimes they are major reasons they aren't even further, sometimes probably both. As a middle-class pushover, I'm not really good at knowing where the line is.

All that being said, I am a Lewis Hamilton fan and will continue to be a Lewis Hamilton fan. Until he does something truly heinous, I'll just sweep the childish stuff under the rug.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    This is one thing I completely don't understand. What is the purpose of this forbidden engine mode? Is it legal to use it? If so, why forbid them from using it? If it's really that risky to use it, why not just disable it so drivers cannot use it at all?
    When did I say Illegal?

The engine can be set to perform in a number of configurations depending on the needs at certain point in practice, qualifying or race. Drivers are 'advised' to follow procedure, but since they can't unlearn how to set the engine to perform on, say, qualifying mode, there's no guarantee they will not use it during the race, so the teams forbid certain engine modes. Hence, forbidden engine settings.

"Gee, I've got my teammate on my tail, I'm pretty certain he is not following procedure, why should I?"
    "Gee, I'm seeing my teammate just disappear on corner exit, He must be not following procedure, Why should I?"

"Why no disable it so drivers cannot use it at all?"
    How can teams, under current regulations, do that? Please, tell me. Pit-to-car telemetry is illegal, is it not?

I'm absolutely sure that if either of them were acting on good faith and not breaking in-team agreements, they'd have full team support, right now they have no moral leg to stand on.
    acket.

I'm still a Lewis fan.
    And OTOH I despise little shits (still respect his talent... although nowhere near Alonso, Raikkonen, Vettel, Hamilton and even Button's level - and Hulkenberg if he'd have a car to shine) like Rosberg.
    Fake good twoshoes all innocent and sunny.
    What he did in Monaco's quali was blatantly evident to me. Not to others. Fair enough.
    But let's stop putting the kid on a pedestal. He's going to take advantage like everyone.

Mario, although I quoted you, my questions weren't posted directly for you ONLY. More like to the team... or to the entire series... or anyone who can enlighten me.

Is 'this' illegal? If not, then what's the problem? Why is it forbidden for drivers to turn in on? If drivers really do want to risk reliability issues or risk running out of fuel in order to gain this momentary advantage, then let them make the gamble. Why not trust them to know what they're doing? If such gamble is really too big for the 'team' to risk, then disable the switch/button by simply disconnecting the wire before the race or something.

Having a speed button readily available and then tell him to not use it in a race is simply asking for trouble.

Kchrpm, I don't really think it is required to be an "asshole", or whatever negative adjective one wish to use, in order to be successful. Successful folks for sure had put in a LOT of effort so every little thing that might get in their way might really tick them off since they've most likely put themselves under a lot of stress... and consequently they may end up saying or doing something seemingly stupid. Hey, we're all human. It's probably good to show your human side that way... as long as you continue to deliver the goods. As long as your passionate at it, yeah sometimes perhaps you go over the edge and fuck things up, but as long as you learn from it and continue on this passionate pursue and make yourself better at it, eventually you'll be a legend in your field.

I think your passion can motivate you to develop yourself more and can also be contagious on an emotional level to other people. We all can have our bad days or failures, but as long as we learn from our mistakes and pick ourselves back up and get the job done, people will remember you. Nobody's gonna really care if Hamilton bitched and whined at Monaco if he continues to win races and championships.

Like I said, the only perfectly gentlemanly champ during modern f1 history is Damon Hill. Quite honestly, I don't think we need more Damon Hills in F1.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 29th, 2014 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Kchrpm, I don't really think it is required to be an "asshole", or whatever negative adjective one wish to use, in order to be successful.
    I don't think so either, but there are definitely successful that are assholes, and their asshole-ish behavior is some part of their success.
    Get that weak shit off my track