Page 190 of 222 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2212

Thread: TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

Ha! That's what people on SC said. I'm probably not going to. The motor sounds good, there's no sign of problems in the head, and if push came to shove I'd rather buy a $500 motor from the dismantlers, go through it, and install it rather than nurse a 150k motor along. Shit, at least it'd be clean.

Jumped into the Viggen this morning, trying to beat the 2000 degree temps that were expected.

Out with the old PCV system...

And back together again...

Visually, really disappointing work!

I dumped in a bottle of Motor Medic Motor Flush into the oil pan - you're supposed to run the engine with it for 5 minutes, but I am just going to let it sit there overnight. I am not worried about anything but the sump. It may or may not do anything, but for $4 and since I'm changing the oil anyway, I figured why not. It'll be exciting to see what comes out tomorrow!

... and that's all I got for today. Going to a show tonight (Naughty by Nature, etc. WTF!) and it's too hot to try very hard.

I wish I lived next door so I could learn all your mad mech secrets.

Me too! My neighbor is a useless asshat! We would make a formidable DIY force!

I think I am going to build some sort of canvas canopy over the driveway so that I can work outside without being murdered by the sun. I'll anchor one side of the canopy to the garage, the other side will need to be on poles. I want to come up with a solution to stick the poles in the grass, but make them removable so that mowing the lawn isn't a PITA. I'm thinking maybe sink some short sections flush with the ground, then either just drop in or screw in smaller diameter poles for the actual support. I am not sure a) how to sink the short sections without getting a post hole digger and b) how to keep them from filling up with crap over time. Hmmm.

tempshade.jpg?

Poles would not have to be fixed in the ground.

True, but planting and unplanting stakes in the ground every week would become problematic over time . I really would prefer something that I can put up and take down identically/repeatably.

I saw eyelets that screw into the ground and lay flush and that could work, but at that point why not just have a tab a slot b pole setup?

Something like this might work:

https://www.amazon.com/Bosmere-G409-.../dp/B00562OY8Q

But, I'd really prefer something called a "pole holster" over a "pole holder," you know?

Why not just something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-ft-Sw...dp/B006GJ8S7G/