Page 213 of 222 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2212

Thread: TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

I have had quite a few rentals and generally liked them. Oddly, I liked the 1st gen better than the 2nd gen - I can't put my finger on what changed, but something did. I put probably 2000 miles on an '06 or '07 Coupe and had zero complaints. Totally pleasant in all regards.

I am slightly concerned that the CVT will freak her out - she does not like it when the gauge thingy goes above 3. I remember when I gave her the Saturn and she called me from the side of the road in a panic "The gauge went past 4 when I passed someone going uphill and I don't think it should do that." OTOH, maybe a CVT will be beneficial since it'll always do that. So exciting!!!

Edit: There are also Mk V Jetta 2.5s in this price range... but as much as I'd like to go that route I don't think it's a smart choice at any level. Although, maybe there are specialized VW shops in her area... we've got lots of them around here. Worth looking into.
    Last edited by thesameguy; October 9th, 2017 at 10:42 AM.

FedEx delivered one very expensive piece of plastic:

w00t?

Started thinking about considering doing something about the Viggen's rumbling. I verified my magic Hub Grappler has the correct dies etc. for the 9-3, so that's a relief. I also thought it might be prudent to take a very close look at the tires...

Ick. 2010. They are nearly seven years old. Although only about 60% worn, they could have simply aged out.

I started thinking a good plan would be to move the Bridgestones from the Aero (235/45-17) to the Viggen (215/50-17), but that's a dead end. I guess randomly I kept looking at the left rear tire on the Aero, which is in "good enough" condition... maybe 6/32nds. I got more specific today... it's the only one at 6/32nds. The other three are around 4/32nds, and a full year older. I guess someone broke a tire and replaced only one. So, new tires for BOTH Saabs?

My last ditch effort is going to be calling the dismantlers and seeing if they have any Saab/BBS wheels with decent tires for a decent price. The stock 5-spoke wheels are, I don't know, appropriate? But the optional BBS wheels work too:

Which gauge-thingy? The RPMs?

Yeah, the rpmx1000ometer. It can't go past 3 or the car explodes!!!!

She needs a ride in an AP1 S2000. The party starts at 6!

She doesn't have healthcare! She can't afford heart failure!

The Benz was nice in this aspect because even though it's a bit rev happy (for a Mercedes) it's still a 3.2l six with a lot of grunt. 2500rpm is adequate. Anything I'm thinking about now is going to be a smallish revvy motor, except, I guess, a Prius or a Saab.

Surely she would listen to thecarguy when you 'splain the red areas on that gauge and why anything below that is A-OK.

If you think about it, it's pretty obvious there really isn't an incentive to listen to the person who's kept you in automobiles for 10 years. It just doesn't add up.

Those SAABs look great! You should sell everything else.