Page 101 of 222 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2212

Thread: TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I am going to do so much man stuff this weekend.
    Honey, you are going to be looking so butch.

Mission accomplished! I will wear my best flannel!

Procrastination pays off: I could have shipped the motorhome's power steering pump back to AAP for a core refund, OOOOOOOOOOR I could drag my feet for six months until AAP purchased CARQUEST and drop it off locally. YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Mission accomplished! I will wear my best flannel!
    Except it will be a flannel miniskirt worn with fishnet thigh highs.

Uh, dude, it's a utilikilt, NOT A BLOODY SKIRT!

And the fishnet thigh highs are cold weather compression leggings with venting...

I do like my airflow, no two ways about it.

Ze speed holes vill make you run fahster.

It is the time of year when I endeavor to "earn" free stuff (it's so much work!), and that means a bit of a spending freeze. So, rather than buy a new radiator for the F150 for $80, I bought this stuff for $10:

http://www.amazon.com/Versachem-9021...Q3DSNS8WQDB2Z4

The package includes some sandpaper, a two-part epoxy kinda like JB Weld, and a small section of what appears to be fiberglass. Kind of an interesting approach to this repair. Had I known that in advance I probably wouldn't have bought it... the leak is *tiny* and there isn't a lot of room to fit such a repair: While trying to figure out how it might work, I noticed the '95 F150 isn't actually all that old, and the plastic radiator has clearly indicated stops for the hoses like most modern-ish cars. Whoever put the fancy () braided sleeve over the radiator hose didn't reinstall the hose correctly...

I figured why not, and "fixed it."

The hose is old a little deformed from being installed improperly, so I through the second hose clamp on it to try and force it back into position. I also threw some vulcanizing lubricant (kind of what you use on a bike tube patch) on there to maybe weld the rubber to the plastic for added sealing. So pro. My hope is that with the hose fully engaged and melted onto the inlet the leak won't be able to leak... at least for a month when the freeze is over.

10 or 15 miles, no leaks from The Repair, so it seems I can get a few weeks from it anyway.

I do love going through old cars... people invariably leave the weirdest stuff in their cars. In this one, I found a receipt from 2002 from Aamco for a transmission rebuild, so it seems the reputation of the M5OD as being fragile is not overstated. But, hey, the second one has lasted 14 years so that's rad. Also found a receipt from a used car place maybe two miles from my house that sold the truck to its previous owner. In 2009 he paid $2550 for it. Six years and 30,000 miles for $550 ain't so bad.

Also found these:

which adds character I think, especially since a few of them are melted into the plastic pocket. Rally round the family!

I decided to yank all the broken lights, and while doing that found this:

It says "Realistic Powerhorn" on the back. It is positively massive, and seems exactly the type of thing Radio Shack would have sold a couple decades ago. i haven't yet tested it, but I'm itching to.
    Last edited by thesameguy; November 14th, 2015 at 11:08 PM.