Page 102 of 222 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2212

Thread: TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

I think that's supposed to be part of an CB/PA system.
    Whoomah!

That would make sense, as there is wiring for a CB on the dash. When I was a kid, my dad loved hollering at people inside their houses while on the street. "Chuck, get out here, we're late."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cobra-29LTD-...gAAOxykYtSKhjn

If I got that, I could talk to me from the motorhome.

ConVOYYY!!!!
    Whoomah!

Amazing that a twenty year old Ford looks better than most five-ten year old Dodge trucks I see.

Seems to be generally true of Dodge trucks. It seems the very recent ones are ok, but nothing before the mid '00s seems to hold up very well. Shopping CL and comparing Chevy, Ford, and Dodge there was no way I'd settled for a Ram. Interior materials especially just don't hold up.

The '94-'02 Rams seem to consistently be the most clapped-out, rusted used pickups on the market around here.

Even the pre-'94 Rams seem to have held up better, even if there are fewer of them since they never sold as well as the '94-on ones.

Same up here in Vacationland, except I don't even see the '94-era models on the road much anymore. The early '02+ models are the ones I see that are clapped out as hell, with manifold leaks, rust over the rear wheel arches and rear bumpers that have been well used as such.

But I'm curious to hear how that horn works out.
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Down in SoCal for the holiday. Blerg. Mercedes is still in remarkably good shape - it doesn't look like it's run into or over anything, which is stunning. It's had zero mechanical problems and runs great. However, it catastrophically failed smog today. I was able to get it over to Bob's Muffler as I suspected the cat, and Bob put it up on the rack for us to look at. Exhaust temp going into the cat is about 250 degrees, exhaust leaving the cat is about 100 degrees. So, the cat is doing a whole lot of nothing. The date stamp suggests it's only four years old, but it's quite possibly one of the last "three year cats" that were banned in California in '09. I hope that's it, rather than some running problem that decimated it in short time. I don't think anything too terrible can be wrong - it has no CEL, runs great, fuel economy is perfectly normal, and it has only consumed 1/2 quart of oil in 4,000 miles. I can't immediately see anything that would result in cat murder.

Bob was closing for the day, so we'll pick up the car and take it back in for a smog tomorrow. Year Two with this car is up in five months, but after this repair I think I am going to push for a third year. That didn't go well for the PT Cruiser, but I think the Benz at 19 months is in far better shape than the Cruiser was at the same time. Not having to buy another car next year would be wunderbar.

Great ROI -- keep pushing it!

That's the goal anyway! Bob got a new cat on for three bills and some change, and fixed an exhaust leak at the same time. Sounds better, I think it runs better, and now it passes smog. All set for 2016... Fingers crossed. I should be out detailing at least the interior but it is 50 degrees out and I am having a hard time getting motivated. It'll be fine til April, right? I just don't want to come back and find the dash cracked and the seats torn - that would make it hard to maintain enthusiasm about this ride.