Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

OMG, it gets worse.

text: Is is smogged?
    Yes
    text: Is is registered?
    Yes
    text: Does it leak?
    Ok, listen. I don't want to play 20 questions with you via text, just email me all your questions and I will answer them.
    email: Is it smogged?
    Yes
    email: Is it registered?
    *Please* save up all your questions and just email them to me all at once, or just come see the car and we can talk in person.
    *radio silence*

I seriously hope this guy doesn't email me again. I just do not have the patience to deal with this level of idiocy. Plus, frankly, I don't want this type of person owning this car.

He didn't.

Instead, cute girl came to look at the car, and is ostensibly picking it up tomorrow. Two down (hopefully), one to go.

Searching on "Lotus" in Sacto pulls up your ad--and several others, none of which are Lotii.
    Whoomah!

CL set the default search to search the entire ad, rather than the title... in the ad, I mention the Celica's engine "went on to power the Lotus Elise and Exige," so that's why CL is returning it in a search for Lotus. It's taken me a while, but I've finally gotten into the habit of selecting "title" before hitting search. I wish the default was title only, but at least we now have the option - it saves a lot of hunting through keyword spam.

Celica is gone. Down to ten cars, including the Fiat and the POS Volvo whose time is drawing to a close. I really need to get rid of two, the Volvo and something else. That something else is going to be a tough decision..

Replaced the fuel pump on the Cadillac today. Since a good (Carter) mechanical pump was only $30, I figured that was the path of least resistance right now. I guess the old pump must have been dying for a LONG time. Even in 2010, when I picked up the car, it took a good 30-40 seconds of cranking (15-20 seconds, twice) to get fuel into the glass bowl filter when the car had been sitting. After replacing the pump, the totally empty filter was filled in less than 20 seconds of cranking.

At this exact moment, I am not sure what else needs to be done other than plug in spark plug wires. Maybe nothing. Assuming the weather is nice next weekend, the Fleetwood comes out of the garage and gets a go at starting! Nervous, excited, etc.

I forget, do you still have the Alfa?

Nope, sold it to a comic book artist in like May or June. I bought the XJR as my new fast 4-door.

Good. Saves me the temptation.

It found a good home, so I'm satisfied.

I need to poke my head under the XR4Ti one more time and be sure there is nothing else I need, but I think it's just an oil cooler and some AN -10 hose... hopefully put that order in today. I want to finish the XR by the end of February so I can dismantle POS Volvo and get it gone. Then, find an RV before spring kicks in - I expect prices on them will start to climb as the weather gets warmer. Although, I am wondering what happens to them around tax time... sometimes that helps create a buyer's market.