Page 52 of 222 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: TSG's Unified Fleet Thread

I was hoping they were a tad lighter, but they'll do just fine -

The cladding on the car needs a repaint like super bad, so maybe I will darken it up to match. Or maybe I won't. Paint doesn't make a car drive better.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Just give it some 'almorol'.
    acket.

Or some Rhino-Liner.

I almost ordered them unmounted so I could paint them, but at the end of the day I just don't care so much about aesthetics. I'm far more into the function of the thing than the form, and these are some very light wheels with reasonably grippy tires so I'm 100% satisfied. I should be a $200 downpipe away from ~300hp, and that should yield a very quick, very fun 2800lb car.

For the sideskirts: what's the "As Seen on TV" finish restoration product du jour? Still NuFinish?
    Whoomah!

Track Day at Roebling Road this past weekend. I don't know what this guy was running, but it was a beast. I didn't get a chance to talk to him.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B65...ew?usp=sharing

The XR4Ti is a *really* good car - I don't think a lot of people really appreciate how competent it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    For the sideskirts: what's the "As Seen on TV" finish restoration product du jour? Still NuFinish?
    I think the finish on the cladding is so far past restoration it's not funny. I had really good luck painting the bumpers on the PT Cruiser which faded in a similar but more spectacular fashion, so I keep thinking about giving the panels on the XR a go. A mild sand, a little adhesion promoter, and some plastic-compatible paint should do it. Just hard to decide whether I care that much. And if I do, the right answer might be to have it done professionally and make a faux mono white XR:

Still like that look.

(I'd love to invest in a Cosworth body kit, but that will never, ever happen. $5k in plastic is reeeeeeedickulos.)

And no biplane. Fuck that!
    Whoomah!

Hmm... bad example... What I posted technically isn't a "mono white XR4Ti," it's an '89 with body color cladding.

This is a real '87 mono white XR4Ti:

That faux mono white is hot.