Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 2

Forza Horizon 2 Runs at 1080p and 30fps on Xbox One, Dev Confirms

Quote Originally Posted by Softpedia.com
    "I think what we did on Horizon was demonstrate that, and this is really important, a locked frame rate that’s absolutely solid and never drops is the most important thing for our game. 30 [frames-per-second] actually enables us to realize that experience. I think I remember that’s always a hot-button topic, until a game comes out and people go, 'Oh, this actually really works.' But 1080p was an absolute must for us; it’s the benchmark for next-gen."

[Creative Director Ralph] Fulton emphasized that Forza Motorsport 5 wasn't an open world game, as it loaded just the current circuit and the surroundings, without worrying about the rest of the possible levels in the game. Forza Horizon 2, however, has an open world, which can be explored by players in any way they want, including at high speeds.

"The biggest difference is that, obviously, we’re an open-world streaming game. We need to be able to drive in any direction at up to 270 miles an hour. So one of the big technical challenges that we had to face was making sure that we could stream in a world that is next-gen beautiful, but fast enough to keep up with the fastest car."
    Also, Drivatars are back... so you can have your open-ish world game play itself.
    Last edited by novicius; June 5th, 2014 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    (But yeah Kid, I am finally leaning more towards a Kinect-less XBONE over a PS4 at this point.)

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Lovin' the fact that I don't have to upgrade until Destiny 2/FH3/GTA6 at this point.
    You forgot one.

SW: Battlefront? Summer 2015.

Horizon 2 will be taking a big risk and launching WITHOUT microtransactions to unlock vehicles

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/18/fo...=rss_truncated

Though these "tokens" were an omnipresent hallmark of Forza Motorsport 5, developer Playground Games prefers to grant players new cars based on their in-game performance, instead of their meatspace bank accounts. "The approach we've taken is that we've designed our game at Playground Games from the ground up to be fair, to be fun, to be rewarding," creative director Ralph Fulton told Digital Spy. "That's incredibly important to us. For that reason, we will launch in September without tokens."

The idea, Fulton claims, is to offer players the ability to switch vehicles on a whim without having to spend real money to do so. "We want to enable you, at very regular intervals, to be able to change your car, pick a new one from the list," Fulton said. "If that doesn't work out, you're able to buy a new one really quickly."
    That idea is SO crazy, it just might work.
    Get that weak shit off my track

So, money will come really easy?

Not sure about speed of money, but you can win a random car when leveling up.

He also said that players can gain early access to premium vehicles through a "fruit machine, tombola-style" system as seen in the original's online multiplayer.

"When you do level up, we give you a shot at what we call 'The Horizon Wheel Spin'," he explained.

"We used it in the original in online, and you get to spin and it can be anything from some cash, a load of cash, to a car or to the best car in the game.

"Every time you level up we've got this game of chance, and for the lucky guys, they could be a getting a Bugatti Veyron after playing the game for 30 minutes."

I was just going off of the last part of that quote...

"We want to enable you, at very regular intervals, to be able to change your car, pick a new one from the list," Fulton said. "If that doesn't work out, you're able to buy a new one really quickly."

Sounds to me that money will be pretty easy to come by.

Oh, I thought that meant they would be *available* to buy very quickly, I guess we'll have to wait and see.