Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K yay or 4K nay?

Female Masturbatory Aid
    You may be on to something. The biggest impulse buy was the Civic in 2014. "I thought you were going for an oil change?" I replied, "it has new oil"

Junior Potato

I have some friends who went out to buy a lawn mower.

They returned with two motorcycles and a jacket.

Female Masturbatory Aid

Come to think of it, every car I've had since 1999, was bought when I took my current car that time in for an oil change.
    Integra in 1999
    RSX 2001
    Civic 2010
    Civic 2012
    Civic 2014

Last four were new. I'm not sure I've had more than 30000 miles on any car since 1996. While the three previous to that were about a billion.

Maybe you should do your own oil changes

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    I couldn't imagine sitting in front of a 43" monitor. How far away from your eyes is it?
    I've got the Dell model at work. It's awesome. Maybe 4 feet or so?

Female Masturbatory Aid
    That's just it, 4 ft would be perfect. I only have 2 without some serious re-arranging that doesn't logistically apply here.

Bill....

I’ve jumped onboard.
    Hisense 58. Yes it’s an odd size, they make this model as pretty much a short run “intro” to the new model year. Otherwise they have 55 and 65. But 58 is a great size for my entertainment unit that the tv sits on. And the price is hard to beat, the 58 is a tiny bit more than the 55 and a few hundred cheaper than the 65. Haggled a deal, it was their last one (and possibly the last anywhere, comments on internet that they sold out weeks ago). It was a display model, but I’m guessing it was on display for a couple of days. I regularly cruise by the store and I hadn’t seen this one on display. Definitely two days before another model had been where it was.
    Ok so it’s 4k and HDR100. Nothing amazing on backlight technology and definitely not oled. And it’s the lower range 5 series, but reviews say there is little difference between their 5/6/7 series. Actually not sure why they make so many series, they have a much better 8 & 9 above them. I guess they just flood the market with about 20 models.

Very happy so far. 4k Blu-ray look great. Planet Earth 2 is wow!
    Also upgraded to PS4 pro and just started (last night) on a few games. Horizon Zero Dawn is very good. Today will be some GT and dig a bit more into upgraded No Mans Sky

Happy chappie! Just need to get to beach and work to earn back what I spent!

We just ordered an LG 70" 4k TV to replace our 73" RPTV. I am excited. The 8 year old RPTV is still going strong, going to take it to our other house.

I bought a Sony 55in X7500F last weekend.
    Pretty impressed so far.
    Only annoying thing, the One X seems a bit hit and miss on the HDR side, sometimes it works, sometimes everything looks washed out.
    Found it's just easier to turn it off and not worry about it.

Junior Potato
    Congrats on the new tv, but it should look great regardless. Remember not all Xbox games are displayed in HDR, so you might just be seeing the difference between HDR and non-HDR titles.

Make sure you have HDMI full range (might be called RGB full range) turned on for both the tv and the Xbox, and have HDR selection set to auto.

That might help!

HDR can be weird sometimes. If you’re watching a movie it might look really dim. That is actually intentional. It’s mimicking the brightness you’ll see at the cinema, but you might be watching it in a lit-up living room.