I just installed a 65" 4k Samsung - it's their top model, with face/voice/gesture recognition and all the nifty smart features, etc.

I didn't have any 4k content to show, but the BDs I tried looked fantastic. Even SDTV looked great. I think the 4k sets have so many pixels and so much processing power they can render images better than contemporary HDTVs can, even old crap images.

I don't know TV pricing in the UK, but if that's the set I think it is, it has a current price of US$1500 here, so £92.30 seems slightly high - although if this plan includes financing charges or interest, then maybe right on target. What I have read is that 4k sets will drop 30-50% by Christmas (maybe the first wave happening now) so 4k sets will be priced similarly to what 2k sets are right now. Point being, it *seems* like this will be an $800-$1000 TV by the end of the year. Again, dunno what that means elsewhere.

My concern about buying a 4k set right this second is going to be connectivity. The is no current HDMI support for those resolutions, so you need DisplayPort to run them. I don't think this set has DisplayPort. Although unlikely, I'd be slightly worried about investing in this technology until a supported connectivity standard emerges. The only reason I bought the 4k Samsung is because it was only $600 more than the 2k version that I needed for the project, and that $600 (a 20% bump in price) gave the possibility of some future proofing, whereas the 2k set was certainly going to be passé in a year.

Unless you're in such a situation - that is the price is stellar - I'd wait.