Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K yay or 4K nay?

Junior Potato
    It looks great. Modern TVs have good upscaling. I run lots of content at 1080 on my Sony from three years ago.

The size increase from 1080 to 2160 is an easy integer scale so no problems with it looking blurry. Each pixel just becomes 4 pixels at 4K.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Have to do some research on my receiver as well, as for simplicity, everything would be ran through it for switching and out to one input on the TV.

Junior Potato
    If your receiver is old you’ll need a new one that supports HDMI 2.0.

Honestly you can barely tell. 4k is really meant to be seen from a closer distance to the TV if you really want to see the difference. I have a LG C1...great set...highly recommend.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Receiver is 2.0 HDMI, I believe it too has upscaling as well.

Let the researching begin...

Does Samsung even make an OLED?

Go to www.rtings.com for research.

I never unpacked my receiver and home theater when I moved here over a year ago. It's literally sitting in a box next to the TV stand. I think it's mostly because we can run everything from a Firestick remote that has like 6 buttons on it; whereas the home theater requires a touch screen universal remote that needs to be charged, programmed, etc.

Put another way; I'm getting old.

I mean, I'm running a 1080p plasma hooked up to a (pretty awesome, admittedly) HEOS Soundbar and sub. I didn't even bother to get the rear speakers, although recently I did look into doing so. Or maybe when we get a new LG OLED (next year?) I'll just swap over to a Sonos soundbar and rear setup, then move the HEOS into the bedroom.

I think part of my issue is that every place I've ever lived I put the TV in a corner instead of mid-wall. This makes the sound field weird. Where do you put the rear speakers? I think about that for about 30 seconds and then lose interest again.

In that case I guess you have to put the rear speakers on stands next to the sofa.