Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K yay or 4K nay?

I'm sorry I started this by actually viewing one of his posts. I assumed since it wasn't politics, he might actually have something to add, but nope. And then of course I had to respond.

My deepest and most sincere apologies.

It's cool, bro, we all make mistakes from time to time.

I prefer not to stop, making little mistakes more often. Something something.

Show me an equivalent curved screen that's cheaper in the link and I'll happily admit I'm wrong.

http://www.johnlewis.com/browse/elec...N-6srfZ1z0ojbg

OLED Ultra HD
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...-criteria.html

LED and OLEDs HD and Ultra HD
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-...-criteria.html
    Last edited by LHutton; December 31st, 2015 at 12:24 AM.

I thought you didn't care?
    Get that weak shit off my track

I didn't until everyone made a big deal out of it. What I said here is 100% true:

http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?...ll=1#post59810

Which was then followed by pointless disagreement to try create an argument out of nothing.

Except what you said is not true; your statement is an absolute ("you pay more") when you should have said "you might pay more" - you need a modal auxiliary in there to indicate your statement is a possibility, not a fact. Because the cheapest OLED you can buy right now is, in fact, a curved screen. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Except what you said is not true; your statement is an absolute ("you pay more") when you should have said "you might pay more" - you need a modal auxiliary in there to indicate your statement is a possibility, not a fact. Because the cheapest OLED you can buy right now is, in fact, a curved screen. Check yourself before you wreck yourself, mate.
    That's because it's the only HD one, and you're comparing it to Ultra HD and it just happens to be an oddball case because there is no flat-screen HD OLED at that size. Obviously, when I said, "you pay more for curved," I meant like for like, not take the lowest spec curved TV and compare it with a higher spec flat-screen. I really shouldn't have to spell that out and I didn't say anything about OLED. I'm talking about the change of 1 variable, flat to curved, and its affect on price, anything else is unscientific. If you're not bothered about Ultra HD, why be bother about OLED? LED is much cheaper and the picture quality is fine and again, the flat-screens are cheaper... like for like.

As an example, if I say, "you pay more for Ultra HD," that's not an invitation to find the smallest Ultra HD flat-screen TV you can find and compare it with the largest, curved HD screen you can find, and then use that to start a random argument.
    Last edited by LHutton; December 31st, 2015 at 09:02 AM.

I MAKE A BUNCH OF ASSUMPTIONS AND JUDGMENT CALLS AND YOU NEED TO MAKE THE SAME ONES!