Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K yay or 4K nay?

Real review:

- Holy shit 65" is big, at least relative to 42"
    - I thought Plasma colors were good, but once you get rid of the shitty defaults, OLED is simply amazing
    - Black levels as deep as the bezel makes the screen look even bigger
    - Speaking of bezel, its weird having such small bezels
    - No component inputs means my OG 360 is officially retired (didn't even think about that)
    - The stand isn't the most stable thing in the world, so I'm a bit concerned of it's longevity, more research on that to come
    - WebOS is really nice for the most part, I'm impressed with what's built into the TV... that being said
    - I'm also annoyed with how much is built in, because it clutters things up unnecessarily in spots

Now i just need it to drop $1000 so I can get one.

Is it me, or have LED 4K's dropped in price much quicker than HD plasma and LCD's?
    Vaguely remember flat panels going for $2,000-4,000 and taking a decade to drop down to $500, 4K did that in 3 years (60" LG and Samsungs are going for $600, 55" for $500)
    I'm hearing that the black levels on these have no improved and are still clearly behind a decade old plasma

Hope the 65" OLEDs do drop to $1000 in a year or two
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Holy shit 65" is big, at least relative to 42"
    Any reason you went so big? Went from 42" to 50" (both plasma) and that was dizzying for a few days

Do you notice if HDR helps?
    I've been waiting for that + 4k + OLED.

It seems like it's finally getting to be worth it.

Time to rebuy BvS in UHD?

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Any reason you went so big? Went from 42" to 50" (both plasma) and that was dizzying for a few days
    Because I got 24 month financing instead of 12 month financing basically

I'm the sort of person that holds on to TVs for a long time, so I might as well get something that's as good as possible within my budget.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Do you notice if HDR helps?
    I've been waiting for that + 4k + OLED.

It seems like it's finally getting to be worth it.

Time to rebuy BvS in UHD?
    I don't know if I've seen HDR content yet. I don't think either my Xbone or Apple TV support it, and I haven't used the built in WebOS apps yet. I'd like to find something that shows me (on my tv) the difference between HDR and non... maybe there's a test video on YouTube or Netflix that supports it? I have no clue.

As far as BvS in UHD, I have a couple UHD movies since they were the same price as BD, and also included a BD, but I don't have any devices that play UHD discs. I could get an Xbone S, but I feel like it's a waste of $200+ since my viewing distance won't show much difference between 4k and 1080p (at least according to internet calculators)

I haven't seen HDR either, but I can say that the results of HDR on my phone are pretty stunning. I can see how it'd be great for TV!

We are probably moving next year. I suppose we may get a new OLED TV to replace our beloved 50" plasma. Or maybe not, since all the plasma is used for nowadays is watching Charlie and Lola etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I could get an Xbone S, but I feel like it's a waste of $200+ since my viewing distance won't show much difference between 4k and 1080p (at least according to internet calculators)
    Heh you're a photographer, you'd see the difference.

Shhh