Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K yay or 4K nay?

It seems it's a known issue with the One X.
    It's rather noticable when using Netflix on the console rather than the app on the TV.
    All the colours just wash out, you can tell when it does it, the info bar appears showing screen size, time etc.
    But still, just turning it off, everything still looks fantastic.

That was happening to me at first. Until I realized that one 1/4 of the inputs were HDR10. So I hooked up to the right input and it was good to go. Also, as noted, not all games and shows are in HDR.

Junior Potato
    Oh yeah, good point. My Sony accepts HDR in all inputs but only inputs 2&3 take the full fat 4:4:4 signal (not that you’d tell the difference). Yobbo check yours to make sure the X is hooked up to one of those. It’ll tell you which ones they are in the user manual.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Anyone know why some TVs, particularly the Sony X8etc i was looking at, don't offer Picture In Picture? It's bloody handy when gaming, as you can watch TV at the same time, and with the right setup you can hear it and your game at the same time too (tv speakers working tv, stereo working game).

Yep, mines in HDMI 3 as per the manual.
    I've fiddled with every setting under the sun, not too fussed as I can watch Netflix through the TV to get the full effect for movies if needed.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    Anyone know why some TVs, particularly the Sony X8etc i was looking at, don't offer Picture In Picture? It's bloody handy when gaming, as you can watch TV at the same time, and with the right setup you can hear it and your game at the same time too (tv speakers working tv, stereo working game).
    I’ll take a guess at two reasons:

1. They probably found that not enough people use it and it isn’t a big selling point, so it’s not worth the time and effort to implement

2. Data throughput for a full 18Gbps HDMI 2.0 signal might be too much for current TV hardware and will overwhelm any attempts at displaying two images simultaneously

Guessing #1: only seen Picture in Picture on 1990's CRT TV's

The last PNP TV I had was a Sony Trinitron. It had multiple coax inputs/tuners and if you wanted to use PNP you had to have the cable come into more than one.

My TV allows for side by side, but it's limited in some weird ways.

Junior Potato
    My recently retired Panasonic LCD has it, but won’t display two inputs side-by-side. It’ll only show broadcast tv next to a smaller window with either an input or broadcast from its 2nd tuner.
    Last edited by Rare White Ape; August 7th, 2018 at 06:37 PM.