Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K yay or 4K nay?

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    You have many options. But behold the joy that is... AliExpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...ayport+to+hdmi
    I know of an Aussie Ex-Pat who lives in China and buys motorcycle parts on AliExpress. It’s a great site!

If he could read Chinese, he could buy them off taobao for even less!

I finally stepped into the 4k arena. We have two older Plasma TVs currently. A 47 Panasonic about 15-18yrs old and a 50 Panasonic bought in 2010.

Just got a Sony 55 OLED...and all I can say is wow. Amazing.

I'm STILL using my 1080p Plasma TH42PZ-80. The thing must be at least 12 or 13 years old by now. I find myself watching far more on this TV than I do on my downstairs main 4k TV these days.

Plasma 4 lyf3 y0!!

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    I finally stepped into the 4k arena. We have two older Plasma TVs currently. A 47 Panasonic about 15-18yrs old and a 50 Panasonic bought in 2010.

Just got a Sony 55 OLED...and all I can say is wow. Amazing.

I still have a 60" Pana Plasma I bought in 2012. There is some burn-in on it, but until lightning hits it, I have no real justification to replace it (especially given no income at the moment).

In fact, it's the only thing I leave plugged in when there's a storm, with that hope.

Going from Plasma to OLED was a mind blowing experience for me. It's hard to enjoy anything without pure blacks now.

I'm still on my 60" Mitsubishi rear projection TV, and I want to wait until I can make a major size jump before buying again. An 85" TV would be about double the area, and those seem to start in the $2k-$3k range, which is not in my budget.
    Get that weak shit off my track

The pure blacks is really the huge wow. Watched the dark GoT season 8 episode over again in HDR and I was blown away. Dolby Vision/HDR etc in space movies are on another level as well.

I primarily use it for movies and the like and I knew even a top QLED wasn’t going to be good enough. It wasn’t going to blow away my plasma sets. So it had to be OLED or nothing.

Yup, we bought a TV last year and my biggest disappointment is with how it handles blacks. It's side-lit so it does a pretty horrendous job.