Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: 4K yay or 4K nay?

Please get an extended warranty. My Sony OLED started taking a shit a month after the oem warranty and they told me to fuck off. Bought a LG C1 and have been even more impressed. They seem to care about the product because I see regular firmware updates whereas the Sony hardly ever updated.

Good luck sir! OLED is the shiznit

Female Masturbatory Aid
    It was down to the two, I picked the Sony because of the upscaling reviews (ultimately). I've never had a Sony panel, ever. Pretty much been Samsung and LG for the last several years (honestly never had either for a TV).

Junior Potato
    Unless I am mistaken the OLED in the Sony was built in an LG factory anyway.

FWIU, LG makes the display panels to Sony's specs, and Sony does their own video processing boards/chips/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    FWIU, LG makes the display panels to Sony's specs, and Sony does their own video processing boards/chips/whatever.
    Beat me to it. LOL. All other OLEDs use LG screens.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    Please get an extended warranty. My Sony OLED started taking a shit a month after the oem warranty and they told me to fuck off. Bought a LG C1 and have been even more impressed. They seem to care about the product because I see regular firmware updates whereas the Sony hardly ever updated.

Good luck sir! OLED is the shiznit
    I have the C1 also. Even 6 months later I'm still blown away by how good it looks.

There are some top of the line Panasonic OLED sets without LG panels, all in house.

How are everyone's Sonys and LGs holding up? It's time for us to either out in a projector, or a large oled or qled, in the living room for movies, gaming, and karaoke (rather than my friend's old 22" monitor). Plasma will soldier on in the study.

My LG C1 is amazing. Highly recommend. Much better than my previous Sony A8G that died one month out of warranty.

I've had my Sony LED TV (X950H) for almost 2 years now, and my biggest complaint is unfortunately an issue with nearly every modern TV: ads on the home screen (in the form of banners for programming on services I don't have, and rarely movies in theaters).
    Get that weak shit off my track

I use an Apple TV to stream instead of the smart functions of the tv…so that eliminates all that.