Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Far Cry 4

So Far Cry 4 reminded me how I've wanted a khukuri for a while. Turns out I could get a hand made, engraved, buffalo-horn handle khukuri from Kathmandu to my door in 2 weeks for $80.

Kukri.jpg

FYI this is $30 on Amazon today. All platforms. I bought it.

Wrapped up the story last night. Very enjoyable. Just want to finish up the Yogi and Hurk missions plus the last 2 fortresses. Maybe all the fashion week quests too, which I loved.

This will likely also be my first game in a long time where I finish all the base-game achievements. Just need to get all the skill points. Those last few that require ten points each... jeesh.

Junior Potato
    I'm finally getting to playing this GTA-in-the-bush game. I quite like it, as it's my first real FarCry title. I've played Blood Dragon heaps so I'm familiar with the basic game progression, but it's a bit jarring to have a similar feeling game without all the lewd humor and cheesy one-liners.

I eventually decided to do the first major story quest outside of the valley at the beginning. I flew a Buzzer out to a temple where some hunters were waiting to ambush. The dynamic battles in the open world are fantastic, especially where stealth and tactics are used by the enemy.

Afterwards I'm walking down a track where a few of my buddies were celebrating winning a fight against the royal guard. I join them for a bit, then walk a few meters away and spot a rhino (the hippo's angry cousin) just off the edge of the road.

I think, "Err rhinos are dangerous," so I leave it and walk back up to my buddies. They're shooting guns into the air and whatnot. Nek minnit I hear a stampede of heavy footsteps in my rear speakers and turn around to see the rhino charging at my group of Golden Silk Road Path muhh fugers and they're shooting it and yelling and being killed and stuff. I wait a while until they're all dead then shoot it up its slightly weakened arse with a few rounds and it drops.

I put on a pair of shades and skin that cunt like THUG LYFE.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Finally got back onto Far Cry 4 the other day while wifey was off playing soccer (how supportive of me ).

After watching an elephant standing by the edge of a river drinking water, then getting attacked by the log it was standing beside (partially submerged crocodile), then swinging its trunk around in the air with croc attached, then running away from said croc, i really wished i had it on video.
    Which led me to experiment with the video share feature of the PS4 and the YouTube upload feature.

Which led to this:

Featuring;
    - Elephant rides
    - Rhino chasing
    - Bird watching
    - Croc hunting
    - Conversing with another elephant
    - Flipping a car
    - Saying hello to giant turtles
    - Watching a boat go by
    - Water
    - Afrika

Great feature, would use again. 10/10.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineObsession View Post
    i really wished i had it on video.
    You can fiddle with how it records. Press the share button, then options when the share menu comes up.

There are two modes. Both modes allow you to "record from now" if you double-press the share button. I know that the easy screen shots mode lets you also keep the previous 15 minutes of gameplay footage, so if anything unexpected happens you can keep it if you weren't recording at the time. It's really handy, especially for GTA players.

Photobomb time... (most recent first)

One of the first pics i've taken from North Kyrat (just 'unlocked' it)

Making fire near the airport

After being dropped off at the top of a mountain...

Self explanatory

Random pic taken when i was flying my 'helicopter' to a mission

In another world...

Poor kitteh that i saved

Extr3me Autumn

Nice day to hang the washing out at home

Doing the laps down the river

Got a twophie

Water

Bright light

Small hill...

Another automatic trophy screenshot (quite like this PS4 feature)