Thread: Far Cry 5

Female Masturbatory Aid

Far Cry 5

Anyone?

I've only got a couple hours on it, so not much to review right now.

I will say after playing ACO for the last month or so, it feels similar (Ubisoft, duh), but with cultist rednecks replacing the romans.

It's a pretty game, is about all I can say about it at the moment.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Bought it, but haven't played it. Same as Far Cry Primal, Mafia 3 and so on.

Blame Fallout 4.

Pre-ordered it for the wife since she's been a fan since FC3. She's played quite a bit, I played a few hours.

It's like the last 2 FC games with a different setting and slightly different mechanics (skinning for money, not perks, perks unlocked through 'kill X amount of with X weapon' challenges)

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I think I finally retired Fallout 4. After an embarrassing amount of hours.

Junior Potato
    It’s definitely on my radar. More and more these days I’m beginning to think that Ubisoft is the nicer guy (or more accurately the least-shit guy) in the horrible AAA publisher space, as their games aren’t as cynical as those from EA or Activision.

So I’m willing to give FC5 a look eventually.

Junior Potato
    It is a beautiful game, and extraordinarily well optimised across all four console hardware specs.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Ubi games, as far as I know, have been pretty lax in the modding possibilities. Which is a shame. Games like these should almost be built for modding.

There's already one gripe I have about it, being the heavy weapon (read: M60/M2) cartoon launching of bodies when you shoot them.

Even in GTAV, I tweaked the "force" of weapons to 0, so they'd get shot and just ragdoll. The Hollywood exaggeration of canonning bodies with handguns has always irked the fuck out of me.

My other initial complaint: Helicopters and planes are stupid ass slow. Cars too, for that matter. Though it is lovely to just fly around and look at the game world.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Some new observations from this morning:

1: Animals appear to be armored. You have to put a whole AR mag into a bear's face to kill it. Apparently, even a shotgun at point blank doesn't take out an eagle (America! Fuck Yeah!)
    2: As per most games of late, the AI are dead-eye from 100s of yards. Not only that, they can pick up and throw rocks with deadly, face-pelting accuracy from across a ravine.
    3: Enemies not covered in hair (EG people) are way too bullet-spongy. The non-VIP baddies are (thankfully, mostly) one-shot-kills above the collar. The VIPs however... 6 shots to the face.

Humorous:
    1: "Liberated" a captive, started a conversation with him, he says "thanks, it's AHHGH" [THUMP], getting railroaded by an angry buffalo. Dead before he hit's the ground. I had fun explaining that one to her, as I was laughing like a twat. She failed to see the exact humor.
    2: While in another conversation, an NPC screams "FUCKING COUGAR!" to which from my perspective, you see a lawn mower in a fur coat land on them from what seemed like a sky dive. I laughed. It seems that's the default exclamation for most/all instances of animal shenanigans.
    3: Fucking Turkeys. I got face-fucked and ultimately killed, by a fucking turkey. I watched a fucking turkey kill a cougar, while said cougar was fighting a bear. In which the fucking turkey decided to kill the bear too.

I just wonder why all the critters are so foul-tempered. I'm hoping the rabbits are from The Holy Grail. JESUS CHRIST

Administrator
    https://i.imgur.com/NtQDx8o.gifv

Rats, the forum won't play inline gifv videos.

The Highlight Reel videos have examples of the broken truck physics, and other weird glitches, in nearly every episode now.