Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption

Undead Nightmare is a fine, fine epilogue and seriously sizable for DLC.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I finally got 100% in single player normal mode.

Killing a bear with a bowie knife proved difficult.

I hate poker and I especially hate Texas Hold 'Em. It was tough to eliminate all players in Blackwater.

I had a difficult time winning the last two rounds of five finger fillet at Torquemada.

I recommend never ignoring an available bounty. I finished the last challenge and thought I was done but I still had 10 bounties to collect to get 100%. That meant a lot of waiting around for bounties to be posted. Tip: If you're in that situation, hitch your horse to the sheriff's office post in Armadillo (I had 5/8), Chuparosa (I had 1/8) or Blackwater (I had 4/4) and go save your game at the nearest house. Come out and move your horse back to the post and save again until a bounty is posted.

I glanced at the PSN trophies. I'm only at 43%. I looked through some of those. It looks like I have partials on some but no way to know how much. Many are for online mode. Some are ridiculous.
    Last edited by overpowered; May 27th, 2014 at 08:20 PM.

Junior Potato
    It's still the best game of the last gen of consoles in my mind. Nothing came close to the addictive atmosphere and bloody ultraviolence.

Almost did 100% on Undead Nightmare. I can't seem to manage the final sharpshooter one though. Taking out 5 undead in 8 seconds with a sniper rifle and no dead-eye seems impossible.

The Unicorn is ridiculous. Butterflies and rainbows?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    It's still the best game of the last gen of consoles in my mind. Nothing came close to the addictive atmosphere and bloody ultraviolence.
    Best game ever, IMO. I keep my 360 around for the sole purpose of playing this and GTA IV.

I tried playing through with low honor. There's not much point in doing this, it turns out.

The "perks" when your honor gets low enough:

You get "Dark Horse" when you whistle and your previous horse is not obviously near by. It's a nasty looking horse. It's not particularly fast but it doesn't slow down due to you being in the weeds off the trails. If your honor goes up, Dark Horse will not show up as much and if it gets above neutral, it won't come at all.

When you're at super low honor, you can commit any crime short of murder and not get reported by witnesses, though if there's a cop present, you'll still draw their attention.

Doing a lot of bad stuff gets you lots of bounties. You can build up $5000 worth of bounties and pay it off with a pardon letter to get the "Friends in High Places" trophy.

Prices are better at Thieve's Landing, and worse everywhere else.

When you play high honor, you sometimes get randomly attacked when entering Thieve's Landing. At low honor, that doesn't happen but it does sometime happen elsewhere.

It seems that the highest bounty is for killing cops, $100. If you want to build up the bounty, go to a settlement and commit a crime. When the cops come after you, kill them all. Honor drops fast. Bounties go up fast. An enormous amount of cops tend to spawn in Armadillo. Rathskellar Fork also gets a lot.

When I got to Blackwater for the first time, the explosive rifle was $10,000 due to low honor. Normally it's $5000 with high honor. If you have high honor and are wearing the savvy merchant outfit, it's only $2500.

Yeah, it's strange, this game never inspired me to commit mayhem just for the fun of it like the GTA games have.

RDR actually gives you things you can do almost anywhere other than kill random people. If you just want to go out and fuck around in RDR, you can hunt animals, pick flowers, tame wild horses, find randomly generated people to help/be held up by, whatever, and you're rewarded for all of it. In GTA there's almost nothing for you to do that has any consequence other than changing the numbers on your gameplay stat screen.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I feel like the next GTA can have a ready-made solution for that: Uber equivalent. Driving around anywhere, turn on your Uber app and wait for a request. It could be a normal delivery mission, but you could do so many randomly generated things with that, without having them popping up all the time, just when the player wants them.
    Get that weak shit off my track