Page 1045 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 4554594599510351043104410451046104710551095114515452045 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,450 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Am I the only one that saw the court ruling that bakers may discriminate against gay couples on religious grounds?

There. is. no. such. thing. as. a protest. vote.

Elections matter. At every fucking level.

What's next, signs that say "we don't serve colored people"

That didn't really seem like drugs or drink to me. Well, maybe some drugs, but I think it was motor impairment from either a stroke, or dental work. I think if he spoke any longer he'd just start drooling on the mic.

Last edited by Freude am Fahren; December 6th, 2017 at 08:25 PM.

Same sex marriage has passed our lower house now. They can start lodging forms or something tomorrow, and marriages can happen from Jan 9th.

In related news ... will these two follow through with their divorce?

Spoiler:
    No, duh.
    Last edited by G'day Mate; December 7th, 2017 at 12:43 AM.

Lets compare; the Democrats.
    Franken. Gone.
    Conyers. Gone.
    Weinstein (not part of the leadership) Gone.

Republicans.
    Trump. Still president.
    Moore. Still candidate for Senate seat.
    GOP. Still backing Moore.

Don't ever tell me that the political partys are the same. Hear that billi?

2 sides are obviously not the same, but I still believe neither is good enough to lead the nation to a better future.

Liberals are champions of gay rights, but interesting enough that in a secret test, it's patrons in Texas restaurant who'd come to defend gay family being badgered, and people in NY saw and heard no evil.

Liberals are champions of women's rights, but there are no shortage of them groping women.

Liberals believe black lives matter, but black lives are not doing that much better in blue states.

Liberals are not openly white supremacists, but there are no shortage of white males in leadership roles in Silicon Valley or Hollywood supremely ruling over others.

DNC sounds way better in public than GOP for sure, but I really don't see them actually do that much better.

In order to move forward, we can't just turn right or left...

Anyway, I think there's no question that democrats are the lesser evil of the 2, but democrats are also less effective at gaining control... they can't gerrymander their way into power... and they can't fight off sex allegations... might as well just quit and let somebody like Bernie to lead them. Without Hillary, the party is seemingly in disarray.

BTW, I still don't believe Al is guilty. The comedian was obviously just making a poor attempt at having fun in a mock groping photo. BTW Swervo, Leeann's life was not really ruined by that incident, uncomfortable, yes, but not really ruined, right? Comedian Al didn't really abuse his power other than pulling a stupid stunt which made her feel uncomfortable. It is not a sin worthy of resigning his senate seat IMHO.

The left is just being too much of a moral police... and the right is severely lacking morals.

Is it too hard to move somewhere around the middle? WTF is wrong with America?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 7th, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    The fucked up thing (among other things):

The Democrats are "taking the high ground", showing that it's unacceptable. Basically, showing their hand. I feel two ways about this: it's legitimate; it's a political stunt.

But, it will backfire, because now the GOP is licking their chops that they can get two more seats.

Moore won't go anywhere. Our only hope is that the backward ass people of Alabama have some moral standard. Because I guarangoddamntee the GOP won't do a fucking thing if he's voted in.

It's beyond repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Moore won't go anywhere. Our only hope is that the backward ass people of Alabama have some moral standard. Because I guarangoddamntee the GOP won't do a fucking thing if he's voted in.
    Yes, but consider this, which could have been (and probably was) posted in 2016:

Trump won't go anywhere. Our only hope is that the backward ass people of America have some moral standard. Because I guarangoddamntee the GOP won't do a fucking thing if he's voted in.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    The fucked up thing (among other things):

The Democrats are "taking the high ground", showing that it's unacceptable. Basically, showing their hand. I feel two ways about this: it's legitimate; it's a political stunt.

But, it will backfire, because now the GOP is licking their chops that they can get two more seats.

It's beyond repulsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Yes, but consider this, which could have been (and probably was) posted in 2016:

Trump won't go anywhere. Our only hope is that the backward ass people of America have some moral standard. Because I guarangoddamntee the GOP won't do a fucking thing if he's voted in.
    You're both right.

But in the mid terms next year the Democrats can point to the ouster of Conyers and Franken as keeping order and morality in their house.

The Republicans won't be able to with Moore or/ and Trump. And the Democrats can point to the GOP backing Moore right now as proof of the moral terpitude within the Republican Party. They can point to the tax scam. They can point to statements about "entitlements" and how the GOP is coming after social security and medicare, which we've all paid into our entire working lives, and demonstrate the GOP only wants to fatten the wallets of their donors, not the middle class.

But, will white middle class voters put their interests ahead of their feelings or will they do a billi, and vote to spite everyone, even though this time it includes them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    2 sides are obviously not the same, but I still believe neither is good enough to lead the nation to a better future.

Liberals are champions of gay rights, but interesting enough that in a secret test, it's patrons in Texas restaurant who'd come to defend gay family being badgered, and people in NY saw and heard no evil.

Liberals are champions of women's rights, but there are no shortage of them groping women.

Liberals believe black lives matter, but black lives are not doing that much better in blue states.

Liberals are not openly white supremacists, but there are no shortage of white males in leadership roles in Silicon Valley or Hollywood supremely ruling over others.

DNC sounds way better in public than GOP for sure, but I really don't see them actually do that much better.

In order to move forward, we can't just turn right or left...

Anyway, I think there's no question that democrats are the lesser evil of the 2, but democrats are also less effective at gaining control... they can't gerrymander their way into power... and they can't fight off sex allegations... might as well just quit and let somebody like Bernie to lead them. Without Hillary, the party is seemingly in disarray.

BTW, I still don't believe Al is guilty. The comedian was obviously just making a poor attempt at having fun in a mock groping photo. BTW Swervo, Leeann's life was not really ruined by that incident, uncomfortable, yes, but not really ruined, right? Comedian Al didn't really abuse his power other than pulling a stupid stunt which made her feel uncomfortable. It is not a sin worthy of resigning his senate seat IMHO.

The left is just being too much of a moral police... and the right is severely lacking morals.

Is it too hard to move somewhere around the middle? WTF is wrong with America?
    So liberals talk of being better but arent? Liberals still have molestors and so on in their midst.

I see you're constantly picking on the liberals yet never seem to say anything about the conservatives, who, by the way, not only have those and worse in their midst but are the ones actively trying to fuck the country over right now with their tax scam.

But yes, bad liberals. That's a shitty hill to die on.

You say liberals are the moral police? Are they trying to dictate who can marry who? Who can fuck who? Backing a pedophile?

Then you try to paint that as bad.

Shitty hill to die on.