Page 1694 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 6941194159416441684169216931694169516961704174417942194 ... LastLast
Results 16,931 to 16,940 of 24779

Thread: Politics

Personally, I think it'd be more worthwhile for congress to spend the time try to gain popular support and then pass the laws to close these "loopholes" that allows the president to do these horrible things... if American people really don't care about brown kids in cages... what about at least disclosing future presidents' tax returns? What about truly ceasing conflict of interests... if you have business dealings with foreign governments or own substantial stocks... either you commit to sell them all off or just stay a businessman and leave politics alone?

Of course the problem is that liberal politicians enjoy these gray areas too.... and they really have little incentives to step on their own toes... however as long as we continue to have these gray areas... future Trumps will again barge into politics and screw the nation up real good by pushing it to be as gray as possible without actually breaking any 'laws'... or at least make sure you have no evidences... or at least make sure you reward the right people and fire the right people...

Look, I don't hate the likes of Biden and Harris... for sure they will be infinitely more qualified and better than Trump... it's just that I cannot count on them to do proper reform needed to make our nation better. It should be very obvious to everyone that our politicians no longer represent the common people, but only the few people who have accumulated more and more of this nation's wealth... they will continue to be hard on the poor dark colored lives trying to make a living and soft on the rich who crashed away people's retirement money or sex trafficking young girls on remote islands...

If even Obama left the office prosecuted zero bankers and without any significant financial reform, I certainly won't expect Biden to be able to accomplish anything meaningful. Defeating Trump would be a decent accomplishment I guess.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 4th, 2020 at 01:20 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Also helped that the admins of reddit are sympathetic to their cause. They only banned it after it had been abandoned.
    I definitely don't think it was as simple as that, I think it was a misguided attempt to avoid limiting a subreddit for pretty much any reason until it was clear just how out of hand it had gotten. Reddit wanted to be seen as pretty much a free-speech bastion for a really long time, but going to a site like Voat can tell you why that's not always such a wonderful thing.

Here's the article, for what it's worth: https://www.wired.com/story/the-hate...epic-takedown/

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaaTZkqsaxY

Another good interview with Trump after last month's interview with Chris Wallace
    Watched the whole thing. Wowee.

Junior Potato

I just couldn't finish watching that interview. It was seriously painful to watch.

Hillary has always done "the work" in black and brown neighborhoods. This is why she was so popular in comparison to Warren, even though they espoused the same things.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/s...425924611?s=19

The US is in a better place when there’s more diverse representation in congress, so, good

Just let Hillary and her emails go and move on Nanderthal...

Or are you perhaps trying to encourage Bide to pick Hillary as VP? Not really sure if that will really help Biden in any meaningful way...

Would you prefer Hillary over Kamala?

After Biden's single term, Hillary can then take over and have her dream come true...

I'll vote for Biden, and I'll worry about 2024 when the time comes...

As much as I support Biden, I wish he wouldn't put his foot in his mouth every other day.

I didn't think his comment was all that bad. I understood what he meant instantly.