Page 1172 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1726721072112211621170117111721173117411821222127216722172 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 24776

Thread: Politics

I see there's a "partial mistrial" on most of the charges against Manafort. Has the judge given a reason for that?

Administrator
    Jury couldn't come to a unanimous verdict and told the judge they were hopelessly deadlocked would be my guess. Happened in the trial I was on the jury for, we came back with verdicts for two of three counts, but we were split 10-2 on the other one.

In other news, Congressman Duncan Hunter from out here in CA and his wife were indicted for misusing campaign funds. This part of the indictment seems particularly shady.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter indictment
    116) On or about March 20, 2015, when DUNCAN HUNTER told MARGARET HUNTER that he was planning "to buy my Hawaii shorts" but had run out of money, she counseled him to buy the shorts at a golf pro shop so that they could falsely describe the purchase later as "some [golf] balls for the wounded warriors."
    Also of note, he's up for re-election this year, and won the primary. Under CA law, the GOP can't replace his name on the ballot without a court order.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; August 21st, 2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    What she did for sure doesn't excuse what Weinstein has done. Don't think this will damage the movement too much.

Still, am I the only one to think perhaps this is a bit unfair? Surely most teen boys would fantasized about getting sexually assaulted by some horny courgar... and then this boy end up getting paid nearly $400k for having this fantasy come true? Isn't this deal a bit too sweet?

I wonder if the boy were really traumatized... or he just did it because he thought she's a hypocrite. Maybe a bit of both.
    By having sex with someone who he thought of as a mother figure? No not traumatizing at all.
    Someone who also a boss, with the power to help or hurt your career.

And the hypocrite bit can just make any trauma worse. Instead of wondering if they also feel shame, you find out they think it was nothing while accusing others. No issues there.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    On December 20, 2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Cohen
    @HillaryClinton when you go to prison for defrauding America and perjury, your room and board will be free!
    acket.

acket.

“Impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”
    Sen. Lindsey Graham, (R) S.C., ca. 1999.
    acket.

Administrator
    Our "law & order" president just praised Manafort for refusing to cooperate with law enforcement. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    By having sex with someone who he thought of as a mother figure? No not traumatizing at all.
    Someone who also a boss, with the power to help or hurt your career.

And the hypocrite bit can just make any trauma worse. Instead of wondering if they also feel shame, you find out they think it was nothing while accusing others. No issues there.
    At least the movement now is more 'equal opportunity', not just about man bosses!

Well, this thing will probably make Trump supporters not care about Cohen and Manafort.

Missing girl was found killed by an illegal crazy Mexican rapist...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-bo...144956162.html

BTW, the illegal dude works for a Republican farmer though, but conservatives probably won't care about that.

A dead white girl will cause a much bigger emotional response than couple of dudes committing campaign and bank fraud. They'll only care about these type of frauds if it were Hillary.

Anyway, such horrible timing. We need proof of Russian collusion... and we need it soon.

Or hopefully we find out this Mexican was actually working for Cohen or Manafort or somebody connected to Trump...

Otherwise we're going to have 2 divided states of americas for a while... sigh...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 22nd, 2018 at 10:14 AM.