Page 2080 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1080158019802030207020782079208020812082209021302180 ... LastLast
Results 20,791 to 20,800 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    mmm i don't think you understand the concept of a legal right.

if a right is recognized by the laws of a State, that State has to ensure that the people for whom that right applies can fully exercise it. it must then use all the tools at its disposal to protect that right. that's why LBJ sent the national guard to Arkansas.
    acket.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I'm sure I've told you this before, but the whole "we can't have X because we still need to fix Y" is widely regarded as nonsense. It is such a bullshit reason for not doing things, and you need to let go of it.

It is why governments have separate departments to deal with separate parts of society.
    *POINTS AT SIGN*

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    No, Mr. Biden everything south of the U.S.-Mexico border is not somebody's yard. Each one of us are independent States. You can take your Monroe doctrine and shove it up your backyard.

You can look for the clip wherever videos are sold.
    acket.

Manchin and Sinemma are fucking oxygen thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    *POINTS AT SIGN*
    There are definitely a lot of nonsense going on. Neither x nor y could be done; however, Biden fought harder on one than the other. I just wish it’s the other way around. Please note that Biden didn’t fight for both min wage and voting rights equally. Both were unlikely to pass, but WH made a much bigger fuss over voting rights. If you at least pretend to want to increase min wage, you could possibly score some points from conservative voters even if you lose. With this voting right thing, you just won’t win any points from moderates/conservatives even if you win.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 20th, 2022 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    No, Mr. Biden everything south of the U.S.-Mexico border is not somebody's yard. Each one of us are independent States. You can take your Monroe doctrine and shove it up your backyard.

You can look for the clip wherever videos are sold.
    I haven’t seen any clips nor have I watched Biden’s press conference.

Anyway, I did not realize the Monroe doctrine is that offensive to you guys south of the border…

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Equal rights is definitely a good ideal for us to aim for, but for a party that claims to be more pragmatic, what’s the point of equal rights when you’re living under poverty or addicted to meds or jobless or …
    You've clearly never been oppressed. It shows in your constant shit posting.

What's the point of equal rights he asks. Talks a big game about elevating the working class but asks what's the point of equal rights?!? Consider my mind boggled.

It's enough to want to go back to Zimbabwe where I had limited internet and didn't have to read such shit.

You read my words as if I’m against equal rights. I’m asking you what’s the point of having equal rights if more and more Americans are falling into poverty and addiction? What’s the point of giving a person more rights if he’s hungry?

Passage of voting rights bill won’t even change how the police/justice system treats black people. BLM wasn’t even protesting about their votes being suppressed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    You read my words as if I’m against equal rights. I’m asking you what’s the point of having equal rights if more and more Americans are falling into poverty and addiction? What’s the point of giving a person more rights if he’s hungry?

Passage of voting rights bill won’t even change how the police/justice system treats black people. BLM wasn’t even protesting about their votes being suppressed, right?
    If equal rights don't exist then you have 2nd class, 3rd, and other class citizens. Some of whom "should" be living in poverty. Because that's their class.

Jesus you're a real fucking moron.

Dude, you are missing the point.

When you meet someone really really hungry in the middle of nowhere, would you give that person your bread or your money(or voting rights)?

Raising min wage had much wider voter support than improving voting rights. Both were equally impossible to pass in the senate. I just wish Biden had fought as hard for min wage as voting rights.

It’d be much better to make Mitch look like a stingy turtle against the working class rather than just make him look like a racist. Making him look like a racist won’t help you win any Republican votes I don’t think. In fact, they’re probably happy For Brandon that his voting rights went nowhere.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 21st, 2022 at 07:53 AM.