Page 2129 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1129162920292079211921272128212921302131213921792229 ... LastLast
Results 21,281 to 21,290 of 24777

Thread: Politics

It shouldn't have to be noted that the shooter was taken safely into custody, despite having guns on him and despite him having just killed ten people.

Tamar Rice ...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Billi is trying to become white.
    Think of this heinous phrase:

"We must secure the ex¡stence of our peopIe and a future for wh¡te ch¡ldren"

I propose some pertinent questions like: What is a "secure existence" in practical terms?, Who does "our people" refer to? is the concept of "us" different for different types of racialized societies? is "us" the same in segregationist societies versus integrationist societies?; How do the different subcultures in a multicultural society reconciliate the fact that "our children" aren't necessarily "white" in the hegemonic sense?

Racism for me has been difficult to understand because even though I come from and live in an integrationist society (southern Mexico), I first experienced and learned about it in a segregationist space (SoCal). But, from that limited understanding I think I can see why Billi is trying to interiorize this sort of racist scaffolding, he just wants to fit in and he doesn't want his children to be segregated.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    It shouldn't have to be noted that the shooter was taken safely into custody, despite having guns on him and despite him having just killed ten people.

Tamar Rice ...
    And Roof, and Rittenhouse, as long as they are white the cops won't shoot one of their own.

POC are the others for the state. It don't matter what color the person doing the violence is.
    acket.

Administrator
    Speaking of the heinous phrase, the shooter had "14" written on the side of his gun.

Long thread from an extremism researcher I follow

Why is Billi not questioning the identity and motives of the church shooter, but questioning those of the Buffalo shooter?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    …This guy really should just stayed in Vegas and live his own life. I don't understand why he needs to come to OC to a church and intended to kill everyone. Probably some more to the story that we don't know yet...

Could government(s) be staging or planning or influencing this attack as well? Again, I'm not jumping into any conclusions too soon, but I'm also unwilling to shut any possibilities down either.
    Can you provide answers to my questions?

I just learned that OC shooter is a member of ‘Chinese for peaceful reunification (between Taiwan and China)’

Sounds well intentioned enough. I’m sure the group’s members are now worried that they may have suddenly became a terrorist organization.

Also learned that this shooter possibly had mental issues resulted in him getting his ass kicked by his tenants or the tenants kicked the shit out of him which caused his mental issue? I’ve heard conflicting stories, but point is mental issues is definitely involved.

Anyway, whatever’s the case, this guy kept notes and journals just as the 18 yr old white shooter. Rather than replacement theory of white people, his concern is Taiwan becoming independent. Anyway, he really is a mini-Putin I tell ya.

From Putin to these shooters, they’re likely suffering from the same conditions. It’s just unfortunate Putin has so much firepower. Same goes with these American shooters.

My theory is that if we could predict Putin’s move, we should be able to predict these shooters as well. However, even though we actually predicted Putin’s move, if not like we’ll be able to protect all innocent lives from being lost…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 17th, 2022 at 07:42 AM.

Administrator
    Another person who, for years, has been on the misinformation/extremism beat. Six minute or so video - he's worth a follow at @oneunderscore_

We've reached a point where this is no longer an angry loner. This is an organized thing. People are building on the actions of previous murderers. We're far from done with this.

Also, kudos to NBC for having him and Brandy Zadrozny on the misinformation and extremism beat for all this time. They're the only major US news organization that I know of that's been covering and warning about this kind of thing for years now.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/buffalo-s...145744273.html

At least according to this AP article, it does suggest the white shooter is a loner. He doesn't appear to suffer from any overt mental issues, but clearly the guy was lonely and depressed. A nerdy, socially awkward guy that nobody likes. Nerdy video gamer... Kinda like Billi when he was that age! In fact, I'm still the socially awkward guy who nobody likes!

Luckily I'm only into car games... and I do believe back then Buddhism helped gave me a more positive world view. Subsequent subscription of Christianity for sure helped me out further. That OC shooter was a Chinese American born in Taiwan just like me too, but I don't think he subscribes to any religious beliefs... That guy has wife and kids, but they're living away from him in Taiwan.

Bible is true I tell you guys. It is not good for man to be alone. (Gen 2:18)
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 17th, 2022 at 01:48 PM.

No, he is no lone wolf. He did follow -quite literally- in the steps of the Christchurch terrorist and other deplorables.
    acket.