Page 2131 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1131163120312081212121292130213121322133214121812231 ... LastLast
Results 21,301 to 21,310 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Anyway, do you guys really believe a follower of Christ would end up shooting up other followers of Christ?
    Google, what is "The 30 years war"?

Google, tell me about : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of_religion

Engage critical thinking first, engage typing fingers at a point considerably after that, if at all.
    Last edited by Leon; May 18th, 2022 at 01:36 PM.

I know there can be Christian extremists. No ideology is immuned to violent extremism. I know about the past history. I think it's due to that past history that we now have freedom of religion. Founding fathers realized how stupid it was for Christians to try to shut up or wipe out other Christians who do not share the same views. However, our current conversation is about these modern day shooters. Are the Taiwanese Christians trying to wipe out Chinese Christians here? It's also very clear based on evidence that the shooter did not shoot because of their different Christian views, but because of their political differences. Should we ban politics too? It's just too offensive so let's just ban political discussions? I think it's fine if you don't want to talk about it, but do you think banning politics will fix our world?

Google cannot critically think for us. Can you seriously conclude after critically thinking this thru and reach the conclusion that if Bible never existed, we would not have these shooters? Racism and hatred and all evils of the world stemmed from the Bible? If you can, can you share with me your thought process? In your own words, not some google link.

The right likes to parrot some idiot on Fox news. The left is also stuck similarly in their false ideology. A google link doesn't explain everything, does it?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 18th, 2022 at 03:23 PM.

I know there can be Christian extremists. No ideology is immuned to violent extremism. I know about the past history. I think it's due to that past history that we now have freedom of religion. Founding fathers realized how stupid it was for Christians to try to shut up or wipe out other Christians who do not share the same views. However, our current conversation is about these modern day shooters. Are the Taiwanese Christians trying to wipe out Chinese Christians here? It's also very clear based on evidence that the shooter did not shoot because of their different Christian views, but because of their political differences. Should we ban politics too? It's just too offensive so let's just ban political discussions? I think it's fine if you don't want to talk about it, but do you think banning politics will fix our world?

Google cannot critically think for us. Can you seriously conclude after critically thinking this thru and reach the conclusion that if Bible never existed, we would not have these shooters? Racism and hatred and all evils of the world stemmed from the Bible? If you can, can you share with me your thought process? In your own words, not some google link.

The right likes to parrot some idiot on Fox news. The left is also stuck similarly in their false ideology. A google link doesn't explain everything, does it?
    Yes, I do.

Administrator
    Good write-up of what the QAnon universe has morphed itself into now that Q stopped posting back in late 2020.

The ReAwaken America Tour Is the Start of QAnon 2.0

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Good write-up of what the QAnon universe has morphed itself into now that Q stopped posting back in late 2020.

The ReAwaken America Tour Is the Start of QAnon 2.0
    Man, I read this stuff and I just lol.

Spoiler:
    As far as I can tell, buffalo shooter and the Chinese shooter are not religious. I don’t understand how religion is at fault?

You know you sound very much like George W Bush?

My position is against racism but hope
    to convert the racists. That’s what Jesus would do.
    Spoiler:
    Also, Jesus is not white so white people really don’t have exclusive rights to Jesus!

As for the China Taiwan issue, I’m all for peaceful willful reunification, but not by threat or force. This mini- Putin is repeating the same mistake.
    You clearly read a different Bible than I did, because in my Bible Jesus didn't tolerate the moneychangers and Pharisees. You don't even know the religion you espouse.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    W seems to not give any fucks anymore

In other news, we're all gonna get monkeypox now.

Mother Nature taking care of overpopulation?

I don't remember if I posted about this here, but recent changes in birth rates have slowed the estimated peak of global population, it could be well under the 10 Billion initially projected which is a good thing. At least they're estimating the peak that humanity won't go past (Things like access to medical care, better nutrition etc. actually lowers population growth and that's what we're seeing overall...let's thank the late great Hans Rosling for that education.) and that can be one less worrying factor in the grand scheme of the climate change (yes, that can also mean more used up resources by more countries becoming "first world"...a different argument.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    You clearly read a different Bible than I did, because in my Bible Jesus didn't tolerate the moneychangers and Pharisees. You don't even know the religion you espouse.
    If justices can read the same constitution and come up with different interpretations, so can we as we read the same Bible. Who’s truly right? Only the founding fathers or our Heavenly Father will know… you don’t need to shove your version of Christianity down my throat, right? Jesus only refused to tolerate sin, but he died for sinners.

I see the money changers of today as the wall st bankers and the Pharisees as the evangelical religious folks so into prolife and willing to deny people choices.

Anyway, since this is a political thread, let’s stick with politics. What do you think of this commentary: https://youtu.be/XmEvn5j0z7Q

Twenny years ago I was one of the few who were adamantly against the invasion of Iraq. I reiterated that Hans Blix didn't find ANY evidence of "weapons of mass destruction" and that there was NO justification for invading. (it's kinda fucking crazy to think that was in the early days of the internet as we know it!!!!) George W Bush with the epic Freudian slip.

I love my country but i'm also quick to criticize it where it's wrong. Not in the billi "i believe in free speech" way. WE OWE the Iraqis a fully rebuilt country. We. You. Me. We. We owe. Period. I didn't vote for that invasion, or the president that authorised it. A bunch of you didn't either, but we, collectively, through our military, fucked that country up big time. I would not be averse to paying a tax that would go to rebuilding that country. But the fuckers that profited of the invasion are the ones who really should bear the brunt of any kind of ... reparations. I don't even know if that is the right word.

And I really wish President Obama had prosecuted Bush for war crimes. I do. Didn't we use depleted uranium in some of the munitions there, and they ended up with a whole bunch of children born with deformities? Did we use the same kind of munitions in Syria? I don't know. Another fucking country we devastated although the reasons are murky. President Obama should have been man enough to NOT be goaded into being "tough on terror." Should he be prosecuted for war crimes as well. It's hard to say. I wouldn't argue against it.

It's crazy to think that fucking Trump is the only president with clean hands on the international front, in the last thirty years. Then again I shudder to think about the damage done to the climate by some of the things he rolled back. Fuck Trump.

This Ukraine thing, was not really our battle to fight and i'm glad Biden hasn't gotten us involved, although our munitions are involved, which, really, means we are involved.

Anyway, rant over.