Page 135 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 35851251331341351361371451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Good explanation Josh.
    Thank you.
    In just the past 2 weeks (budget proposal, inauguration, state of the state address, and new state legislature session began) there have been some really fun developments:
    • Brownback said (paraphrased) "Kansas would be a utopia, if it wasn't immorality(gays)."
    • Proposed a 190% increase in sin taxes to cover the massive budget shortfall.
    • Proposed eliminating the home mortgage tax deduction.
    • Proposed a plan to completely revamp how the state supreme court justices are appointed - Basically, this could amount to him saying "Sure, he doesn't have a law degree or anything, but my landscaper agrees with me on most stuff, put him on the supreme court." And then not being required to submit another candidate if the first is rejected. (This is due to the fact that the supreme court made several decisions he doesn't agree with- education funding, gay marriage, next item on list.
    • Kobach (SecState, asshole)'s first move is to try to rewrite election laws so they won't have any trouble with independent candidates again. (In the senatorial race last year, an indedendent ran and put up some good numbers. The democrat candidate dropped out of the race (because he had no chance) and Kobach spent several million dollars of the state's money to try to force him onto the ballot in hopes of splitting the vote.)
    • And finally, the state legislature will be debating a bill that eliminates any need for permit or training classes to carry a concealed firearm.

I'm kind of surprised that grinding up the state highway system and selling it as gravel hasn't been proposed.

Wild and wacky times. Assuming I'm still here in 4 years, will I be living in some sort of religious/Somalia/Mad Max dystopia? It's anybody's guess.
    Last edited by JoshInKC; January 24th, 2015 at 07:12 AM.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Re: Kansas... let me guess, he's one of those guys that rails on how evil government is, and that the services it provides always fail?

I really despise these guys. They do everything in their power to undermine services, they basically destroy any quality involved, then they turn around and say "see, government sucks! told you! vote for me again!" The masses stupidly see it and go, "yeah, government is kind of broken, this guy's right."

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Wild and wacky times. Assuming I'm still here in 4 years, will I be living in some sort of religious/Somalia/Mad Max dystopia? It's anybody's guess.
    If so, XB Falcons are legal under the 25 year rule, so you might want to look into that.

Sarah Palin's Bizarre Iowa Speech
    Shortly after declaring that she's "seriously interested" in running for president in 2016, Sarah Palin delivered a confusing speech that was panned by many, even some on the right.

"Things must change for our government. Look at it. It isn’t too big to fail. It’s too big to succeed! It's too big to succeed, so we can afford no retreads or nothing will change with the same people and same policies that got us into the status quo. Another Latin word, status quo, and it stands for, ‘Man, the middle-class everyday Americans are really gettin’ taken for a ride.’ That's status quo, and GOP leaders, by the way, y'know the man can only ride ya when your back is bent. So strengthen it. Then the man can't ride ya, America won't be taken for a ride, because so much is at stake and we can't afford politicians playing games like nothing more is at stake than, oh, maybe just the next standing of theirs in the next election."

Palin also referred to President Barack Obama as "an overgrown little boy." And in a clip posted online by Right Wing Watch, Palin attacked the left for being racist and sexist.
    "Really, it's kind of Orwellian, observing how that works, that rule of Saul Alinsky's, no doubt, that the left employs. Disgusting charges, from the left. Reverse them -- for it is they who point a finger not realizing that they have triple that amount of fingers pointing right back at them, revealing that they are the ones who really discriminate and divide on color and class and sex. We call them out. We don’t let them get away with it.”
    OOOoookkk???

I've heard more sense from people with Tourette's mid-attack than Sarah Palin.

That is drug induced. It has to be. Dan Quayle at his worst made more sense than that. That doesn't even hold up grammatically!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    It seems like she's just memorizing random quotes to sound edumacated

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I don't think that's completely fair. Chris Kyle was clearly a dick. I'm not disputing that, but he actually was on the front lines of the war. He was flawed to be sure, but he also put his life on the line for his country.

Not everything is as black and white as we would like.