Page 1735 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 7351235163516851725173317341735173617371745178518352235 ... LastLast
Results 17,341 to 17,350 of 24776

Thread: Politics

"SEPARATION OF POWERS!!!1!!!!!!!121!1!" yell Billi and his friends.

Meanwhile, what I see here is arguments about who should be nominated by the President to be a Supreme Court Judge, with no term limits, and whether they are left-leaning or right-leaning, and how this will affect the law, etc. etc. etc.

gg man

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The whole point of the Electoral College was to keep the US from falling into the hands of a dangerous populist, but that clearly failed, so yeah it’s time for POTUS to be decided by popular vote. After all they are the representative of all people, not all lands.
    I disagree. I personally like the wisdom of EC because it protects the little states. I wish we can have the equivalent for individual voters to protect the little guys too...

As it is, politicians are already ignoring the smaller states, abolishing EC will only further increase the ‘wealth gap’ between the big rich states and the little poor states. EC forces the politicians to not forget about the smaller states.

Without EC, it’ll be much easier for the big states with more people to bully smaller states... of course right now it feels like the minority has hijacked our nation, but just like when we felt like the senate minority was hijacking Obama’s nominees... by changing the rules, I do believe it will come back to haunt us.

Anyway, I do generally agree with majority rule in a democratic society, but if a state flips color under your watch, I think it’s also fair that the party pays some price for that.

Administrator
    I'm not sure that 100% tracks. Once again, we're deep into a presidential election and California, outside of the fires, hasn't been mentioned all that much. It's less smaller states vs. bigger states, it just focuses on swing states.

For sure EC is not perfect, however, I really do believe it works. Speaking of swing states... whenever we do not have landslide victories, whenever election results are super close, don't you think it'd be much better to recount just the state, rather than recounting the entire nation? Imagine if population grows to a level like China and India..., this makes democracy very very difficult and expensive if we have a super tight race. Imagine if we have a billion votes cast, what kind of margin of victory is acceptable for the public to accept without recount? 1 vote? 10 votes? 100 votes? 1000 votes? I believe EC will give us a more 'clear cut' winner, eventhough occasionally it fucks up and allow the popular vote winner to lose...

Speaking of swing states, CA really has very little reason to swing for now. As for the other states, why are they swinging? That's something party leadership needs to figure out and make adjustments to rather than just blaming political oppositions whether it's the dumb voters or assholes like Trump. Also, it makes sense for politicians to focus their attention at the 'undecided', right? So what's wrong with them focusing on the swing undecided states? Better that than allow them to feel that yeah we already bagged CA, screw those little swing states. We absolutely need to swing those states back to blue. The more we flipped, the less we need to worry about QAnon and white supremacy groups. Democrats should not just rely on the massive wealth and population of CA and NY.

Democrats really need to do some soul searching and figure out what the 'demo' want... and the try to swing and unite as many of the states together as they can.

Obama a black dude was able to do it. Personally, I think that showed America isn't a racist nation anymore and people do tend to prefer outsiders than washington insiders.

Problem with Obama later on was that he has turned more and more insider... and Hillary was just the wrong person to pick up where he left off. She couldn't beat Obama 8 years ago. She did not become more favorable 8 years later. Only the establishment thought Hillary was their best shot... and during the peak of anti-establishment period, naturally she lost to an outsider pussy grabber.

And now according to Neanderthal, the blame should fall squarely on Billi for voting Jill Stien as a protest.

Anyway, of course I personally don't believe we need to blame Billi or the Electoral College. If we had a better candidate, things would have worked out better.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 21st, 2020 at 08:12 AM.

In other news it looks like the person who sent the ricin letter to Trump was a woman from Quebec. She was arrested at the border. Canada doing its part to rid the world of this disease known as the Donald, in an obvious misguided and pointless attempt. But I guess it's the thought that counts.

Hopefully America can get rid of him properly on November 3rd.

Thank you Canada, we hope we won't let you down... fingers crossed...

Junior Potato

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    In other news it looks like the person who sent the ricin letter to Trump was a woman from Quebec. She was arrested at the border. Canada doing its part to rid the world of this disease known as the Donald, in an obvious misguided and pointless attempt. But I guess it's the thought that counts.

Hopefully America can get rid of him properly on November 3rd.
    Good thing you live in Canada because if you lived in the US, the Secret Service might have something to say to you! I guess just be careful the next time (if?) you cross the border.

What do you mean? I didn't say anything even remotely threatening to the esteemed Monarch of the United States. Just laughed at the pathetic attempt on his life.

I told y'all the court was on the line on 2016.

And now the Republicans fucksticks have fucksticked. Mitch has the votes he needs to ram through another justice.

I don't trust a single Republican.

And this further comments the idea that we should go scorched earth if we win the trifecta. Fuck that bipartisan bullshit.

Our "bipartisan" offer to them should be for them to watch is completely fuck them over forever.

End citizens united.
    Make PR and DC states.
    Make election day a national holiday (and Columbus day first nations day!)
    Ratify the VRA in perpetuity.
    21 supreme court justices. Twenty fuckin one. They can rotate. Put seven or more 30 something's on that shit.
    Make President Obama and President Hillary Clinton supreme court justices. Who else do they hate, Farakhan?
    Enact universal healthcare.
    DACAs get green cards
    Make a path to citizenship.

Fuck REPUBLICANS. Every single one of them. And errbody didn't vote for Hillary.
    Last edited by neanderthal; September 22nd, 2020 at 08:57 AM.