Page 1127 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1276271027107711171125112611271128112911371177122716272127 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,270 of 24776

Thread: Politics

I don't understand what's happening with Trump vs North Korea. They've finally stopped acting like assholes and have embraced peace, and are even dismantling their nuclear stuff, yet Trump continues to act like an asshole toward them. I don't get it.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Administrator
    Well, that all depends. Kim Jong-Un (and his father, for that matter) have always craved a meeting with the US. It gives them legitimacy, to be able to have a meeting with one of the biggest powers in the world. The US traditionally has been unwilling to do that unless DPRK makes certain concessions, which they've been unwilling to do. One could give Trump credit by saying that he dangled that promise in front of them and got a few hostages released and a nuclear test facility taken down and they got nothing in return, though it remains to be seen if that carrot would ever work again. In the meantime, the only nuclear concession so far is the dismantling of a single nuclear test facility that some believe had already been destroyed on accident (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-k...e-kim-jong-un/).

That special WH coin must be worth a fortune now...

In somewhat-related news, our Provincial election is about a week away. And our version of Trump, who is literally running on no platform, no budget and no facts, has resorted to promising the return of the Dollar Beer.

Horwath appeared calm and reasonable. In Ford, they saw a leader who did not look or sound like a premier.

He was too belligerent, too in-your-face, too contemptuous, too slow to reveal his agenda yet too quick to create policy on the fly. For a professed "man of the people," he displayed remarkably few people skills.

Setting aside the issue of corruption in the nomination of party candidates — some of it Ford's responsibility, some his predecessor's — Ford did not present himself as a potential premier who could be trusted to govern wisely, with a steady hand and in the best interest of all Ontarians, especially those who do not hail from "Ford Nation."

Speaking of that nation, while Ford may not know how to manage the province's finances, he is sure he knows how to satisfy his base. He promised at the weekend that, as premier, he would mandate a reduction in the retail price of beer to $1 a bottle.

If he thinks "One-Buck Beer" is the path to power in Ontario in 2018, he is out of touch with reality.
    I mean... I guess he hasn't talked about grabbing pussies, lately.

https://www.therecord.com/opinion-st...rs-cheap-beer/

Last edited by tigeraid; May 28th, 2018 at 11:17 AM.

I thought a large part of Doug Ford's platform was rolling back the minimum wage increase.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    I thought a large part of Doug Ford's platform was rolling back the minimum wage increase.
    Seriously? What a Douchebag

Administrator
    Wait, there's another idiot Ford in Toronto? Of note, I couldn't remember Rob Ford's name, and a search on Google for "toronto ford" only brought back articles about Doug and car dealerships. Changing it to "toronto ford crack" brought up Rob Ford as the first result.

Last edited by Tom Servo; May 28th, 2018 at 03:36 PM.

Wow.

Yeah, my sister-in-law knew of Doug Ford when he was younger. It is general knowledge that he was a drug dealer.

Ontario provincial elections are a joke from top to bottom. All candidates are utter garbage. Doug Ford is a buffoon just like his brother was. It’s such a hopeless and debilitating feeling when you are faced with no decent choice.

I’ve traditionally been a Conservative voter, and Ford’s predecessor, Patrick Brown, was the perfect candidate. Socially liberal while fiscally conservative. The kind of conservative I like. But they forced him out on some bullshit sexual harassment allegations and even threatened to kill his mother. He was a good guy. A decent man. He softened his stance on same-sex relations and loved minorities, especially Indian people, and the hardline Conservatives couldn’t have that. Because of the Trump Effect, the party has been poisoned with a white nationalist presence, and they run the show. The end result is Doug Ford. The guy is a fucking joke.

I don’t know who I’m going to vote for. On one hand I can’t stand the status quo, which is the Liberals. I can’t go NDP because the thought of paying $1.75/L for gasoline is not very exciting. And I can’t go Conservative because I don’t want to see a racist drug dealer in power. What’s left, Green Party?