Page 2164 of 2190 FirstFirst ... 11641664206421142154216221632164216521662174 ... LastLast
Results 21,631 to 21,640 of 21891

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You idiot.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Mmm dude, a court ruling is framed in the context of its time. It is, in essence, an interpretation of the law.

If you want to point to an idiot, make sure your finger is in the direction of congress.

If you're putting the responsibility of RvW being repealed on voters from non-swing states, you might as well blame RBG for not retiring, or Sen. Joseph Biden (D-DE) for not believing Anita Hill.

But IMHO it is part of the political system of the United States: a conservative system by design and a rigged game, of course. Giving SC justices appointments for life is a way to ensure a conservative composition of the institution. Why not 25 years? the usual amount of time in a "generation". Why not 12 years? triple the time of a presidential term. The answer lies in the elites, they really, really do not like things to change.
    I'm placing the RvW reversal squarely on the morons who fell for Republican propaganda in 2016. And voted accordingly. Especially the moron that continues to say that she was untrustworthy or whatever horseshit it is on that day, but can never actually explicitly state exactly what it was that made her ... "untrustworthy"

There is no one, NO ONE, in US history who has been more qualified and prepared to be a sitting US President than Hillary Clinton in 2008 and 2016. NO ONE! First lady of Arkansas. First lady. Senator. Secretary of State. etc etc etc. Her achievements and accolades were and still are superb.

And she was up against a literal fucking turd of a human.

Hindsight is 20 fucking 20. If you want to go all the way to blaming RBG or Joe Biden in 1981, you may as well blame Eve for eating the apple. RBG had a lifetime appointment. She could retire when she chose. I'm not blaming someone for being where they were supposed to be. A case could be made for blaming Genghis bloody Khan if we're going to start blaming people where there literally wasn't a direct cause and effect. fuknuts was amplifying the bullshit the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    You idiot.
    You're being kind, aren't you?!!?

hes a nincomfuckingtwit!

And Beau talks about "useful idiots..."

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    RBG had a lifetime appointment. She could retire when she chose. I'm not blaming someone for being where they were supposed to be.
    At least I agree with Neanderthal on this point. RBG did her job. I don’t think we can blame people for not quitting earlier. Sure, there might be good reasons for her to retire early, but there’s really no guarantee that Obama could really put a Justice in there.

In retrospect, I think Obama made an error having lunch with RBG trying to hint her off her bench. That conversation should’ve been initiated by somebody else. Such political meeting probably needed to happen in more secret/private setting rather than in the WH.

Anyway, Obama probably ended up learning and mastered the art of persuasion and successfully convinced people in private to gang up on Bernice sanders so that he can’t win the primary…

Obama has really been a disappointment for me. He really should’ve stayed on as senator and just let Hillary win… and then he can step in as the more charismatic antiestablishment Progressive to beat out Bernie and Trump.

With a White House bing blue for 16 years, there’s good chance Supreme Court would be bluer too.

Anyway, not trying to blame Obama, but I just felt that he let me down. I expected so many great things from him.

Not willing to give Snowden a fair and public trial is probably one of the most disappointing thing that he’s done. But then again, maybe Obama has to protect such US secret…, otherwise he might end up like JFK?

Just saying the Obama I voted for did not really show up in WH for 8 years. He looked and sounded good though!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 1st, 2022 at 02:23 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Both of you guys need to get better at skimming thru the posts.
    acket.

I know you’re not blaming RBG, just want to focus on what Neanderthal and I agree with.

Administrator
    Another solid contender from

Quote Originally Posted by New York Times Pitchbot
    Whether it's conservatives forcing ten year-old rape victims to bring their pregnancies to terms, or liberals forcing podcasters to stop using the n-word, both sides have a problem with respecting the wishes of others.

Do you guys really believe the folks who want free speech are only interested in using the N word in their speech?

Do you guys really believe Peterson’s tweet was hateful and worth banning? Actually, of course you guys believe he’s a hateful person because you guys have already made that clear.

Bible is also probably a very hateful book that needed to be banned, right?

Founding fathers who owned slaves all needed to be cancelled because they’re obviously bunch of hateful racist assholes?

I really don’t believe this is a viable path forward for liberals. San Franciscans don’t even want to go that left, let alone the rest of America.

https://apple.news/Aot5OT6QlSribYY_aVCXGVw

Of course, Trump’s path is also NOT a viable path forward for America. Supreme Court has also been going off the deep end in the other direction.

Anyway, it’s clear nobody on either side likes Billi, but am I really the only one going crazy?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 3rd, 2022 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Another solid contender from
    What in tarnation