Page 1132 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1326321032108211221130113111321133113411421182123216322132 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,320 of 24778

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Saw dear leader complaining about the "very expensive witch hunt". Looks like so far, the investigation is approaching $17 million. His planned military parade later this year could cost as much as $50 million, per NPR.

Just thought it was notable. Carry on.

US govt can waste a lot of money anyway... it'll be sad if after spending millions and they failed to get rid of the president. Like Bill Clinton, giant waste of time and tax money... hope Mueller will be more successful than Ken Starr... then it'll be worth every penny!

As for military parades, I wonder how much does it cost our military to do fly by for Rose Parade, Indy 500 or all other sporting events. I'm willing to bet way more then $50 million/yr.

Anyway, yes, carrying on with craziness: https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...law/666320002/

CA is making a statement to ban all state sponsored travel to Oklahoma and host of other 'discriminatory' states for their bigoted anti-gay laws.

Oklahoma law is only allowing private orgs to deny gays from adopting. The state itself is still allowing gays to adopt. But that is just too discriminating... the church had been oppressing gays for thousands of years, it's time we oppress the church back and force them do what they don't want to do!

Anyway, I don't think Oklahoma will miss CA officials traveling to Oklahoma that much... At least CA is not totally crazy to start trade war with evil Oklahoma or something like that.

Again, either I'm a bit more crazy or this world is going a bit more nuts. CA passing its own stupid little law that doesn't do much except to make the gay community happy during gay pride month. I'd also consider that a waste of tax money.

Does CA know homelessness is on the rise? Hope homelessness will be on the lefts agenda soon... because that problem just isn't being solved...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 2nd, 2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Saw dear leader complaining about the "very expensive witch hunt". Looks like so far, the investigation is approaching $17 million. His planned military parade later this year could cost as much as $50 million, per NPR.

Just thought it was notable. Carry on.

Never mind the expensive trips to his golf courses and the expense of keeping Melania in New York. Which is where she is rumoured to be, again.

Lotsa people worried about a grown ass womans whereabouts and not worried about the location of thousands of brown skinned kids ripped from their mothers arms!

Billi - you seemed to ignore the implications of power.

Hard to blame someone working for Weinstein, when they have seen other crushed who opposed him.
    Huge difference to the movie moguls who supported him, having heard the stories but choosing to ignore them because oh the money.

Your boss, who could not only fire you, but the word out to ruin your career... yeah blame someone who works for them knowing they are doing bad stuff, but aren’t willing to risk their career and family to step away.
    Power is critical in these sorts of things, those with it use it to make sure they get away with it. Then can and do crush people who get in their way.

True. Power, peer pressure, or father's simple trust of his son not to misuse his fire arms... all contributing factors.

Hence I'm not asking for equal punishment for all. However, even if you needed your nazi salary and all your friends are Nazis, that shouldn't absolve you from all responsibility right?

German baker who has fed the Nazi probably shouldn't be blamed. All I'm asking is punishment need to fit the crime.

Also, people need to think for themselves... when your boss jumps off a cliff and when your peers jump off a cliff... should you really do the same? And if you jumped and hurt yourself, does it help playing victim? My boss made me jump or my friends pushed me...

We all can suffer under herd mentality and we all can think too. Perhaps by making everyone responsible, less people will end up doing stupid things.

In fact, I would credit this type of herd mentality for our current political polarization. Each side believes that they can do no wrong and it's all the other herd's fault... but I seriously 'think' both herds are heading toward a cliff...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 3rd, 2018 at 08:38 AM.

In his new novel, Bill Clinton agrees with me that our current political trajectory may be not so good... and i don't think he's just pointing his finger to the right...

At the end of a new thriller, the fictional president issues a stark warning. “Our democracy cannot survive its current downward drift into tribalism, extremism, and seething resentment,” Jonathan Lincoln Duncan declares. “Our willingness to believe the worst about everyone outside our own bubble is growing, and our ability to solve problems and seize opportunities is shrinking.”

Does the actual former president William Jefferson Clinton — who wrote those words — believe that in the real world “our democracy cannot survive” without changing its current direction?

“Yes, if the trend continues,” Bill Clinton told USA TODAY in an exclusive joint interview with co-author James Patterson about their new book, The President Is Missing. “The whole American Constitution and representative democracy is built on sooner or later there coming a time of constructive compromise. You cannot constructively compromise with someone if you feel that their identity is less legitimate than yours and if you believe that your seething resentment makes compromise a sell-out.”
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ump/633794002/

A fucking baker has not committed crimes by baking bread. A driver has not committed crimes by driving his boss somewhere. An executive assistant has not committed any crimes by making phones calls and booking appointments.

However, a prison warden who has violated the terms of the Geneva Convention has. A security guard who has used excessive force or been an agent of intimidation or coercion, has.

This is not rocket science... stop being deliberately obtuse!

I totally agree with you. I don't understand why you think I disagree with you.

Now, for the sake of argument, let's say I'm your boss and you're my favorite baker/driver/assistant and I pay you a lot of money... I mean ALOT! Unbelievably well paid. Because you're just amazing! While working for me, I proudly tell you stories of how I grabbed so many pussies and how I enjoy fucking them over... and you know I'm not joking!

What would you do?

If you keep working for me and don't report my crimes against humanity because you're just super loyal, can you really be innocent? Okay you may be afraid of my orange hair and just too scared to report, but if you keep working for me, can you really live with yourself?

If I didn't tell you and you didn't know, then of course you'd be innocent.

Punishment needs to fit the crime.

I'm not asking everyone working for Harvey to all be equally punished... only those who knowingly help and cover up for him. Clear?

Particularly those lawyers who dug up victims' dirt and try to smear them and lessen their credibility... and use legal bullying tactics...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 3rd, 2018 at 08:39 PM.

Geez... Now I need to ignore all responses to Billi too? This is getting ridiculous.

I uh....

Missouri has a new govenor who is most likely not as big a pile of excement as the previous.