Page 1016 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1651691696610061014101510161017101810261066111615162016 ... LastLast
Results 10,151 to 10,160 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Slightly off topic, the recent sex scandals are going down in similar fashion I believe.

Reality TV mentality is giving us these "leaders", but I'm kinda glad that now the swamp is beginning to drain. So maybe it's not all bad.

You know I've been thinking about this "draining the swamp" bullshit for a while now. Despite the fact that it was exactly that, bullshit, if you drain a swamp, you destroy an eco system (probably two, depending on where you 'drain' it to), and it smells fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Slightly off topic, the recent sex scandals are going down in similar fashion I believe.

Reality TV mentality is giving us these "leaders", but I'm kinda glad that now the swamp is beginning to drain. So maybe it's not all bad.
    Don't bank on it. People change when they need to change, and right now we have isolated examples of people who got caught screwing around, not any sort of systemic reboot. For every outcome where the Democrats realize they are too center, the Republicans realize they've been overtaken by oddly evangelical libertarians, everyone realizes that what you look like, who you fuck, and where you shit has sod all to do with anything, and we have reached a point where straight capitalism is actively working against us there are 10 outcomes where the only thing that changes is people get better at covering their tracks. I don't like being so pessimistic, but the election of Trump however it actually came to pass proves to me that the balance of people who get it vs the people that don't is way too close for anyone's good. Until that balance shifts really dramatically we're going to continue to expend our energy perfecting exploiting the system and not improving the conditions for people. I thought going into the Obama years people had caught a glimpse of the future and realized it was time for course correction. With the election of Trump, it's clear people think they can outmaneuver the ice berg. Hey, I hope they're right - I hope there are opportunities and efficiencies we can still win. But I don't actually believe there are. I think this hot rod has been pushed as far as it can go and it's time to bolt the fenders back on, put the AC back in, and swap out the fiery V8 for a more economical straight six. If we don't, it's probably just going to end in a fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by The Twitter
    If Trump gets indicted, will he be tried as an adult?

I think it's obvious now that whether we have appointed kings or democratically elected leaders, it's always possible for stupid to somehow land on top of that leadership role. There's no perfect system to weed out stupidity. We could also appoint or elect a perfectly smart leader, but while sitting on that throne, his new found powers could also begin to corrupt him into stupidity.

Take the US financial crisis... our secret dealings and fallouts with terrorists around the world, those things weren't created by Trump... and I fully expect more 'corrections' to happen..., but I'm not a prophet or fortune teller. Who knows what'd in store for the future. We can always hope for the best and make sure whatever we're doing won't contribute to us crashing...

Yup.

I think it's been adequately shown that Trump doesn't have an original idea in his head - he is possibly the most representative official in office. He's got these crazy supporters and he is crazy in response. He is doing (or trying to do) exactly what they want. Getting rid of him won't fix them.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    what's ironic is that the only things Trump supporters ever point to about why they like him are that he "says it like it is", has a travel ban and wants a wall, and the economy is doing well, even though he hasn't really successfully DONE anything except for small parts of a travel ban.

Anyway, I think people need to investigate Rupert Murdoch to see what ties he has to Russia

It's going to be interesting how they take ownership of the oncoming recession and bear market.....

Female Masturbatory Aid
    600+ shot by rich white guy "too soon to talk policy"

25 ran down by Uzbekistanian "MORE VETTING"

Seriously, fuck off with this shit.