Page 1185 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1856851085113511751183118411851186118711951235128516852185 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,850 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    haven't you been paying attention? The only reason Trump wants Kavanaugh is because he believes a president cannot be indicted, impeached, etc. while in office for committing crimes.

https://www.thenation.com/article/br...president-law/
    Hmm, I guess I haven't been paying attention...

But after reading that article, surprisingly I actually agree with Kavanaugh. Probably not to the point of not even impeaching the president for treason, but for the usual legal stuff, I think the public can wait 4 to 8 years to put him in prison after his term, right?

Take Bill Clinton's inappropriate sex thing for example. It's morally bad, but is that a threat to national security? Will the Republicans waste as much taxpayer's money going after Bill Clinton when he's no longer the sitting president? If not, then it proves that this matter is purely political, not really about the rule of law.

Still, Brett is being hypocritical though, he did go after a sitting president Bill Clinton. Maybe he realized his mistake for doing so, that's why the switch in position? I don't know.

Regardless, I do kinda agree with not distracting a sitting president. We can set up some sort of legal que, just case(s) waiting to prosecute him with after he is no longer in office. For example, Mueller can continue to investigate and build his case while Trump is in office, Stormy Daniels can get her case ready, folks who's been robbed by Trump University can try to get ready a class action law suit..., but legal actions can only happen when Trump is out of the white house.

Of course in Mueller's case, if they can prove without a doubt that Trump is actually a Putin puppet, then of course a sitting president can and should be impeached for the sake of national security.

Otherwise, I do agree that a sitting president shouldn't be distracted by something like the me too movement. Any politically motivated false accusation could render a sitting president useless. If the misdeed is real, just prosecute the shit out of the ex-president later. How about this, convicted ex-presidents will lose secret service protection privileges, pensions and health benefits... it'll be safer for him to just stay in prison for the rest of his life. Hopefully this will be enough to deter this 'king' from doing too much misdeeds?

Anyway, we really need to have a stricter qualification requirements too. Some one who has pending/ongoing investigations or lawsuits... someone who's afraid to show tax returns and doesn't have a plan to resolve conflict of interest issues... shouldn't even be allowed to run in the 1st place. It is kinda scary to allow somebody like Trump to be "king" even just for 4 years.

My sentiment is more for 'typical' presidents...., yes, even Hillary would qualify as 'typical'.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 18th, 2018 at 09:07 AM.

WTF is a Salt Bae?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    WTF is a Salt Bae?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Bae

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Not to be reiterative but, the way in which Mr. Trump conducts himself towards Mrs. Ford is an indication of his general attitude for the law.

And it is shameful.
    acket.

Rosenstein Suggested He Secretly Record Trump and Discussed 25th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NYT
    Mr. Rosenstein made the remarks about secretly recording Mr. Trump and about the 25th Amendment in meetings and conversations with other Justice Department and F.B.I. officials. Several people described the episodes, insisting on anonymity to discuss internal deliberations. The people were briefed either on the events themselves or on memos written by F.B.I. officials, including Andrew G. McCabe, then the acting bureau director, that documented Mr. Rosenstein’s actions and comments.
    acket.

Administrator
    Rod Rosenstein has been called to the White House. WH claims that he's offered to resign, Justice Department saying that he refuses to resign and if Trump wants him gone, he'll have to fire him.

EDIT: It sounds like Trump's not even at the White House, so he'd be meeting with Kelly. I'm also not super familiar with this, but apparently if he resigns, then Trump can just put whoever he wants in that position, whereas he can't if Rosenstein is fired. I'll see if I can learn a little more about that.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; September 24th, 2018 at 07:51 AM.

Administrator
    And now that's morphed into Sanders saying that Trump had an extended conversation about recent news stories, but he is so very busy at the UN General Assembly that he'll meet with Rosenstein on Thursday.

How many more accusations of being a terrible human being does Kavanaugh accumulate before Rosensteing is fired?

I say 2.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Rod Rosenstein is apparently Schrodinger's Deputy Attorney General...both is and isn't fired and is and isn't resigning.

Meanwhile Brett Kavanaugh and his wife go on the network where NO ONE has EVER had sexual harassment issues associated with them...Fox News

Administrator
    We do not have a policy of separating families at the border. Period.

We just have a policy that we know will result in that many, many times. There's a difference, dammit.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ation-foia-dhs