Page 1385 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3858851285133513751383138413851386138713951435148518852385 ... LastLast
Results 13,841 to 13,850 of 24779

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This whole whistleblower/withholding military aid from Ukraine unless they investigate Biden and his son/prevent the whistleblower from speaking to Congress thing sounds pretty horrible. Surprisingly, the Wall Street Journal appears to be taking the lead on this, and that's a paper Trump has praised in the past. I just worry that the Overton window has shifted so much at this point that nobody is particularly worried about the president withholding aid from an ally at wartime to get them to go after his political rivals.
    If he could work with a more adversarial govt to get Hillary and meddle with our election process, why couldn’t he work with a more friendly govt to get Biden’s son... and also get away with it?

With Trump, I think we can continue to look to new lows...

Our best chance is to have a strong candidate who can beat him.

Luckily at this point, pretty much every dem candidate could beat trump in a match up according to recent polls.

What scares me is that which ever candidate we end up with, trump will then focus in on his smear campaign, will the ‘candidate’ be able to withstand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    If he could work with a more adversarial govt to get Hillary and meddle with our election process, why couldn’t he work with a more friendly govt to get Biden’s son... and also get away with it?

With Trump, I think we can continue to look to new lows...

Our best chance is to have a strong candidate who can beat him.

Luckily at this point, pretty much every dem candidate could beat trump in a match up according to recent polls.

What scares me is that which ever candidate we end up with, trump will then focus in on his smear campaign, will the ‘candidate’ be able to withstand that?

I've said before that introspection isn't your strong suit. Bold.

2016 called, and the candidate who got 4 million more votes than Trump, and more votes than any previous president not called Barack Hussein Obama, called. Wanted to know where your introspection was, believe it or not.

I believed sanders was in a better position to win the White House 2016, but who knows.

As much as I disliked Hillary, I wasn’t expecting her to lose. Most people probably all thought likewise, and most people actually voted for her, but unfortunately it just didn’t work out.

So ahead slightly Nationally in the polls don’t really mean much with electoral college. We needed a candidate who could win more swing states.

In retrospect, Obama should’ve kept his promise to remain a senator and just let Hillary be the president 1st time around.

2016 was just not the ideal time for an established politician like Hillary.

People are jaded by the political system and they were looking for an antiestablishment fresh face. Trump took advantage of that void fully.

Come 2020, I do believe Bernie to be too old. Warren should be able to carry on his torch much better in the White House. I’m only scared of how trump might use BS tactics to mess Pocahontas up before she actually wins...

For a face to face match up against trump, I do believe Biden, sanders or yang are probably the best ones to steal trump votes.

Yang is actually someone who the trump voters are really looking for.

Like I said before, Yang is the new Bernie. Come next election cycle, there’ll be a lot more candidates sounding more and more like yang.

Biden is actually already copying yang!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 23rd, 2019 at 12:12 AM.

Trump voters voted for a racist.

Not interested in what they have to say.

Trump voters are not ALL racists. Don’t be like Billi and paint with such a broad stroke without any nuances.

Those ‘privileged’ white people who lost their blur collar jobs due to globalization and automation can be angry too when their lives are being treated unfairly.

Not all white people can afford to buy into elite universities. Yeah, they don’t end up in jail as long as black people, but stressed out and depressed white people can OD just like any other human being. We have lost more lives than Vietnam war now. A whole generation of lives lost.

Those white people are surely privileged?

Anyway, when people are stressed, depressed, angry, I can’t blame them for voting for someone who seemed to understand their problems and not go for someone who thought they’re deplorable and privileged.

Unfortunately trump isn’t really solving their problems.

Again, another plug for yang. He’s committed to solve their problems rather than blaming everything on Mexicans.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    How the young look at Trump.
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so there's a Shut Down DC event going on with climate activists, BLM activists and others as well....but they're blocking the roadways.

I don't think this is helping their cause by shutting down the roadways as they'll end up hurting a lot more innocent people than helping. ALSO, if you're going to protest like this, people need specifics on what they want to be changed, not just that something randomly needs to change.

That's what I like about the HK protests, they have extremely clear goals spelled out.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Administration wants to move BLM HQ to Colorado, to a building that also has Oil and construction companies as tennants. The move only accounts for 27 of its 550 employees.
    acket.

I have not met a single Trump supporter who didn’t have at least one or two racist bones in their bodies. Even the ones who are hard core republicans and vote party lines no matter what.

So you're saying pretty much all republicans you've met are racists?

Am I understanding you correctly?

And what is the definition of a 'racist bone'?

IMHO, everyone is racist somewhat. Liberals can't possibly be immune to racism... for otherwise BLM wouldn't happen in blue states... or perhaps more conservative republicans become cops than liberals? Also our judicial system is occupied by more republicans? That's why black people got punished more harshly than whites?

Anyway, so can you clarify what you meant with your post? What's the true point you're trying to make... do you basically agree with Neanderthal that those white supremacists trump voters are hopelessly deplorable or perhaps I'm misunderstanding something?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 23rd, 2019 at 02:02 PM.