Page 1282 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 2827821182123212721280128112821283128412921332138217822282 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,820 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    So, the NC board of elections is having a new election after overwhelming evidence of vote tampering?

They get to try again? And aren't automatically disqualified?!? WTF? Why not try to rig every election, if the worst case is that you have to try again legally. JFC.
    Mericuh man. NC just got added (again) to my "don't live there" list..

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    even if we made such commitment, there’s no guarantee that it will slow down climate change. Our actions may already be too little too late... or perhaps earth has a way to rebalance itself in ways we don’t know yet...
    And this is exactly the style of thinking that stops us fixing it..
    maybe its not happening, if it is maybe it will fix itself or maybe we are just doomed

The idea is let experts make these decisions.
    Unfortunately most of the public do what you just did - they dont strongly agree, so come up with a bunch of different excuses that usually are mutually exclusive - then make it seem like they can do nothing, because thats what they already want to do.
    Just admit - you dont care and are happy to take the risk that we are still fucking the planet and that it could be much worse for future generation - and that YOU are part of the reason the planet is fucked.
    And dont say "Im just 1 person", each of those 1 persons is adding up and holding us back.

Its that simple - take personal responsibility, get behind what the experts say and make a difference with your vote, your actions and your support.

As for politics..
    This can only happen via large scale action, that means politics, but shouldnt mean its "party politics". The parties should be fighting over what do do and how to pay for it, not over if we should do anything.

But hey I dont have kids, so what the hell do I care about 50 years from now - I will be gone.
    I do find it hard to believe people with kids are so happy to risk their future

Administrator
    I'll add that "making the planet uninhabitable for humans" is entirely likely to be one of those ways the earth has a way to rebalance itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'll add that "making the planet uninhabitable for humans" is entirely likely to be one of those ways the earth has a way to rebalance itself.
    That's definitely possible. However, would you want to be the one pulling the trigger on the human population or would you just let Mother Nature do what needs to be done? Elon is right, we gotta get our asses to Mars!!! So in case earth is really fucked, we could escape somewhere else...

Now DN, that is, again, not an excuse for us to do nothing. I also don't have to admit that I don't care about our planet nor my daughter... because that's pure political BS you're piling on top of this issue. Just because we don't stand on the same side politically, you assume the worst in your political opposition and we end up bickering about it unnecessarily. This is exactly why I stated that I wish this issue isn't so politicized or polarizing. It's already a tough problem for us to tackle, mixing politics and unneeded emotions into it won't make us solve this problem better.

Look, a lot of folks not only have their comfortable lives, but also their primary source of income dependent on fossil fuel. Can you blame them for not willing to get their lives disrupted too much?

Yes, ban fossil fuel, ban guns, ban drugs, ban smoking, ban alcohol, ban nuclear bombs, ban abortion, ban this or that... easier said than done.

Better approach is to find ways to help/encourage people to make better choices in the 1st place. Also, like you said, rather than banning the source, maybe we should focus more on planting more plants or to ensure we have healthy population of phytoplanktons around somehow.

It is inevitable that we'll be out of fossil fuel, renewable energy is the way we must go eventually. Governments just need to help ensure these green companies won't be crushed by oil companies.

There are number of way to fight climate change. Efforts shouldn't be wasted on fighting the other half of the population. Half of the population committed to saving the planet will be better than all of us waiting on the US and Chinese governments to come to their senses... hey if those dictator heads won't commit, what's the point? Rather than bickering, we each just do our parts. I've gone solar and leasing an EV... I'm doing my part at least. Don't know about my president.

Politics sucks.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 22nd, 2019 at 02:29 PM.

So many of you have probably heard about the rub-n-tug/sex trafficking story down here, and the big news today, that one of the johns being charged is Patriots owner Robert Kraft. Well, investigators have said he's not the biggest name involved. And he just happens to be good buddies with Trump, who of course is local, and has golf course down the street. Oh and the Muller report was supposed to come out next week?

A pipe dream I know, but could you imagine?

Actually, no one would probably care.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Which sort of leads to a philosophical question I came up with....if the earth is destroyed, would it be sad?

Administrator
    I sorta feel like Chernobyl/Pripyat is a good example of that. And the answer is "no, not really."

We can have full blown thermal nuclear war and earth probably will survive... only we will be gone.

We can probably assume earth will be sad if the nuclear fall out that rain down could be considered as tears...

Right now earth is just getting angry at us with rising temperatures...

Actually I think its unlikely we will make the planet that bad that WE dont survive.
    But many billions - maybe not.
    And I can see the quality of life that most of us have, disappearing as immigration, water supply, cost of insurance/disasters causes a collapse of first world living conditions.

Will humans survive it - yes, but it probably wont be anything like what we have now.