Page 749 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 24964969973974774874975075175979984912491749 ... LastLast
Results 7,481 to 7,490 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Kid21 4 prez.

I think it would be interesting to run an anonymous campaign.

Don't even give them your name. Just candidate #24601. And lay out your platform. Let the people decide based on that alone. Not your skin color, sex, religion, party affiliation. Just what you stand for.

A candidate must also have some sort of emotional appeal. You can't win without it no matter how great your platform looks. Al Gore's lost to Bush was really mind boggling to me, but his failure to emotionally connect to voters was how he lost to somebody like W.

I find it a bit scary that the USA is apparently keen on "dynasties" of people they vote for.

Although during the last election, I'd rather have seen the vote based on name recognition won, rather than the vote based on looking like a cheetoh with a squirrel on its head. But that's another discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Don't even give them your name. Just candidate #24601.
    Then when asked your name, you can reply: "My NAME is JEAN VAL-JEAN!!!"

That would be awesome.

THE EVIDENCE TO IMPEACH DONALD TRUMP MAY ALREADY BE HERE
    We don’t need to wait to see Trump’s conflicts of interest in action. The ethical violations that will soon be illegal are already taking place.

The Embassy of Kuwait allegedly canceled a contract it had signed with the Four Seasons for an event it usually holds at the Georgetown hotel after it received pressure from the Trump Organization to move it to the aforementioned Trump International Hotel, just a few blocks down Pennsylvania Avenue from the White House.
    And their solution...
    “It’s a very real problem,” Gingrich said in an NPR interview on Monday. “I don’t think this is something minor. I think certainly in an age that people are convinced that government corruption is widespread both in the U.S. and around the world, you can’t just shrug and walk off from it.” His solution, though, is perhaps the very definition of government corruption. He advised that should the president-elect run up against issues with ethics laws, he should just change those laws in order to suit him, using his presidential pardon powers to absolve a multitude of potential sins.

And you'll find all the conservatives suspiciously quiet about the antics of their president elect AND their party in defending his actions...

Hilarious.

It amazes me how quiet the Democrats in power are on Trumps possible wrong-doings. Republicans were screaming about non-issues... which caused major problems for HRC. And now that he's actually doing (possibly illegal) things that are a serious problem, they are mostly silent.

Are they going to wait until he actually starts a war before speaking up?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    It amazes me how quiet the Democrats in power are on Trumps possible wrong-doings. Republicans were screaming about non-issues... which caused major problems for HRC. And now that he's actually doing (possibly illegal) things that are a serious problem, they are mostly silent.

Are they going to wait until he actually starts a war before speaking up?
    Well "In power" is a bit misleading...they don't really have a lot of power, because 1. They won't have control of either part of Congress 2. They're chicken-shit anyway