Page 1054 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 54554954100410441052105310541055105610641104115415542054 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,540 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    Anyone want to talk tax policy?
    Or Net Neutrality... It was nice knowing you all.

I don't know enough about the tax plan to make much of a comment. It seems to be, yet again, favoring trickle down economics... Something I'm highly skeptical of.

Huh, weird... I posted a response to Bernie stuff, but it's gone? Maybe I accidentally deleted it when attempting to edit...

Anyways... Bernie and his most adamant followers have been fairly problematic. I'm a big fan of some of the policies he has been pushing, but the rhetoric and my way or the highway attitude needs to be dialed back, otherwise a) they are never going to be done, and b) the left becomes weakened due to splintering.

Huh... Interesting. I wonder how they will spin this to something positive that Herr Trump did. Or maybe he didn't realize(or read) what he was signing.

Trump signs bill that recognizes climate change as a threat to the US
    This past Tuesday, President Trump signed a bill into law that formally recognizes climate change as a national security threat to the United States. While the president has long railed against climate change and advocated for fossil fuels, the Trump Administration and a Republican-controlled Congress have taken a small but significant step towards formally recognizing climate change. Now that this stance has become codified law, the United States will be further pressured to act.

The climate change provision reached the president’s desk as an amendment to the must-pass, annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). Republican leadership attempted to remove the provision from the bill, but were defeated when 46 Republican representatives defected and voted to uphold the provision.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Does this mean they'll set up a massive "war on climate change" bureaucracy akin to the "war on drugs" which hasn't helped anything?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Anyways... Bernie and his most adamant followers have been fairly problematic. I'm a big fan of some of the policies he has been pushing, but the rhetoric and my way or the highway attitude needs to be dialed back, otherwise a) they are never going to be done, and b) the left becomes weakened due to splintering.
    Is that's what's happening in the DNC reform thing that they're doing or is that how it is being filtered by some media outlets?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Are you saying that paedophilia was one right or that the bible is not relevant?

I'm just being silly, so don't answer that. Or do, but I'm not looking to start a bible fight in the politics thread.

All I'm really saying is that Christians have no biblical reason to oppose a paedophile. A gay candidate, sure, and females too of course, but not a paedophile.
    One simplest way to classify whether if something is okay or not is... is it based on love or are you just fucking with somebody? That's basically why I think Bible is relevant because it taught me that God is love and love covers it all!

If you really love somebody and serious about taking care of them and not just to satisfy your sexual urges, I think pretty much any kind of relationships can be justified.

The problem is that it's hard for us to quantify something as abstract as love... so we setup laws to protect folks from being duped by manipulative predators.

Seriously, what is really so magical about your 18th birthday that you transform from a kid to an adult? And that if somebody over 18 made who really loves you and made passionate love to you absolutely must be send to jail for it? Had she waited til the day of your 18th birthday, then she's fine. Do you see how ridiculous this secular law is? But of course, I'm not saying secular laws are totally irrelevant either. It's in place to protect kids from being preyed upon.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Bullshit Fucking Sanders tried co-opting the Alabama win and Twitter wasted no time putting him in his place.

Then along came this article,somewhere in the feed, explaining how those of us who are minorities can't/ won't stand for the Bernie or bust bullshit.
    You're allowing fear to drive you. Almost everyone loved Bernie one time or another, including you..., but you're just too afraid of Trump that you're willing to settle for status quo.

I ask you this... do black lives really matter more in blue states during Obama's reign? If you really believe black lives are doing wonderfully in blue states, I can understand why you want status quo. However, I really don't think that's the case.

Bernie could help, but I honestly do believe his campaign was sabotaged by the rich folks or whoever's holding political power at the time. Hillary also made no attempts at soothing the Bernie or bust voters. Better together? I honestly don't believe she knows how to work together. If you're not together with her, then she'll forget you.

I can't believe you guys are still blaming Bernie Sanders for Hillary's lost.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Well Net Neutrality got repealed

So continues the outcome after GOP voters not realizing they're doing the political equivalent of drinking bleach

You'll just have to let them drink bleach... and die off so that proper political order may be restored...

Trump is not the most popular president. His endorsements don't mean much anymore. If he doesn't make America great again soon, then the power will shift back.

I don't see how regular conservative voters can really want big companies having more control of the net and permanent tax cuts... all the while regular Joes continues to enjoy slow and expensive internet access (compared to other nations) and average Joes also only get temporary tax cuts...

Conservatives can't be that dumb to gladly accept all that, can they? Surely there'll be more Roy Moores.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 14th, 2017 at 01:17 PM.