Page 1701 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 7011201160116511691169917001701170217031711175118012201 ... LastLast
Results 17,001 to 17,010 of 24776

Thread: Politics

I did not like Kamala and Julian, not because Neanderthal loves them, but because I didn't like how they attacked Biden from the get go. Yeah, it was weird, why would I care if they attack Biden..., shouldn't I be happy?

I just found it distasteful I guess. You could just use up your valuable debate time telling me about the good that you are going to do, rather than try to tear down an old man you guys worked side by side with... I believe most voters figured that out too... that's why even after the initial bump of Kamala's awesome performance..., she wasn't able to build on that momentum. Castro didn't even have any momentum...

The real surprise to me was the slide of Cory's campaign. I still don't understand where he went wrong to lag behind even Andrew Yang at times. Most debates even allowed him way more talking time than Andrew and he is a more eloguent speaker than Andrew... of all of those corporate centrists, Booker was definitely the one I liked the most.

Sometimes I wonder if Booker's doom was caused by Obama and perhaps voters were also given way too many choices? Voters just feel like giving another gender/ethnicity a chance rather than put in another black man into the WH?

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    And to make things even weirder Kamala's real name was Jim Harris.
    I noticed that too, me bruv.

Wow. Senate leaves for vacation without figuring out how they can financially help average Americans thru this crisis. Stimulus bill was passed back in May by the House. Maybe republican senate will finally pass it after the pandemic is over?

I guess this shows that regardless of your color, average lives just don’t matter. What, you might be starving? Sorry, I’ll get back to you after my vacation! We only save big corporations quickly..., for you little guys... you’ll be in my thoughts and prayers... yeah right.

Anyway, I wonder what do the republican voters think about all this... happy that their govt left them with the dignity of finding no work? If they can’t find jobs, then it’s all democrats’ fault because they shutdown the country and forced them to wear masks? Sigh...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so #GeneralStrike is trending and lots of people (liberals, progressives) are calling for it, but I don't think it would actually work or do much.

They're talking about a strike for a day or a week to hurt the billionaires. I don't think it will work at all because: A) THEY can wait it out, the rest of us can't B) They are GLOBAL, they have income coming from dozens of countries, so just a US based strike won't do much

We can have these shutdowns and riots and markets continue to rise, I'm willing to bet that if we start a global strike, the stock market will continue to soar higher... yes, the rich will get richer and us poor people will simply remain poorer after the strike. Resistance is futile.

Initially, I thought this virus thing should be able to finally unite us to come together to fight this common enemy..., but I suppose this disaster just isn't bad enough. We'll have to wait til something so disastrously bad like alien invasion I guess...

People need to 'collectively' agree on something in order to replace the 'establishment collective'. Right now we're just too divided, therefore easily conquered. Too busy fighting each other than fighting this virus. Too busy fighting each other than fighting against the billionaires.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...davis-1038206/

The Unraveling of America
    Anthropologist Wade Davis on how COVID-19 signals the end of the American era
    For the purposes of discussion.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    so #GeneralStrike is trending and lots of people (liberals, progressives) are calling for it, but I don't think it would actually work or do much.

They're talking about a strike for a day or a week to hurt the billionaires. I don't think it will work at all because: A) THEY can wait it out, the rest of us can't B) They are GLOBAL, they have income coming from dozens of countries, so just a US based strike won't do much
    Billionaires will always find a way to make money out of stuff.

The reason the stock market and the economy is sooooo important is because if it slows down, so does the accumulation of more billions. Meanwhile we could be having the worst recession in a hundred years and Mr and Mrs Average Joe still earns his or her minimum wage and doesn't notice a blip in the weekly pay packet.

The reason recessions are bad is because billionaires reduce their spending by maybe 0.1% and suddenly it's incumbent on the government to fix it, and for some grand reason the money has to be given to the billionaires in the form of tax cuts. So Average Joes and Joelenes across the world cop the brunt of it when government services are cut and austerity takes over and the people who can't afford it suffer the most.

A general strike for a few days won't matter to them. To hurt billionaires, you need to find a way to really hurt them. Like, strip them bare and leave their carcasses drying in the sun.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    It ended at 08:46 on 11/09/2001

What happened on November 9th, 2001?

(God I hate our date format)

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post

This reminds me of when gas prices went up a bunch so people were trying to organize a one day gas boycott - don't buy gas this Friday and we'll show 'em who's boss!

The problem was, nobody stopped *using* gas. They just filled up a day earlier or a day later, the end result didn't affect oil companies at all.