Page 1914 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 9141414181418641904191219131914191519161924196420142414 ... LastLast
Results 19,131 to 19,140 of 24776

Thread: Politics

I understand that.

Those 2 senators need to do the will of their constituents. They still should let them vote so that we have a record.

Somehow I find it hard to believe that majority of their constituents are so appalled by the min wage increase only and perfectly fine with a big stimulus package.

Those voters who support the big stimulus checks most likely won't hate wage increases. Think about it. Are there more business owners or workers? Who has more votes?

Dems representing laborers have this inherent advantage! We have way more votes because we have way more workers!

However, at the moment, dems are hijacked by the rich lobbyists hence they are now 'corporate moderates'.

It really makes no sense to be a corporate moderate. Corporations would rather have GOP in charge.

GOP usually wins because they have more money because being corporate friendly will definitely help you raise more money. Doesn't matter which dumbfuck they nominate.

Dems, in theory, should win big because we have more workers(votes).

Corporate moderates can only win when GOP fucked it up bad.

My argument is that we don't need these moderates. They are useless.

Voting back and forth between GOP and these Corp Mods will only cause America to suck again and again...

Oh I also personally believe some of these politicians purposely position themselves that way to highlight their importance rather than truly representing the will of their constituents.

Do you truly believe voters won’t vote those 2 out of the office because of a huge stimulus package but would think that they crossed the line with $15 an hour wage?

Only folks who’d be pissed off would be the corporations that funded their campaign.

Even republican workers. You believe they’d be pissed to earn living wages?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:44 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    You mean to tell me it's a made up story "grown ups" get to hide behind in order to defend their broken promises?

Gee!
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Do you want to get this whole forum banned in China????????????????
    I am probably the only one on the planet who visits this forum and lives in China...

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I am probably the only one on the planet who visits this forum and lives in China...
    You're in China?!?

;-)

Really appreciate you coming here. Seriously. Someday, I hope China will be free from that dictatorship.

Of course I also appreciate CCP keeping USA in check and not allow US to get too out of control. China and US are now the 2 major parties of the world. Just like the US, both major parties sucked pretty badly though. Interestingly the more progressive nations, just as progressives in the US, also don't have as much power to do much to save the world. We applaud them, but they just can't attain enough power to influence the world for the better for some reason.

Nice guys finish last I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Interestingly the more progressive nations, just as progressives in the US, also don't have as much power to do much to save the world. We applaud them, but they just can't attain enough power to influence the world for the better for some reason.

Nice guys finish last I suppose.
    Or big guys become bullies...

Places like Norway or New Zealand are never going to be world powers. They can (and do) lead by example.

Junior Potato
    I don't think NZ wants to be a world power. They're just chill az bro.

Good leaders are usually reluctant leaders. Good people don't aim to just become world leaders nor seek power, they just lead by example...

Just saying... in the wonderful world of Winnie the Pooh, maybe we can have good guys powerful enough to fight off bullies...

Maybe nice guys finish last means they'll be the last ones left standing! The meek are suppose to inherit the earth...

I do believe most Americans and Chinese are good people. I just hope someday these good people will be able to take back their countries.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 3rd, 2021 at 03:33 PM.

Junior Potato
    You can only fight off bullies by matching or exceeding their aggression.

Unfortunately that doesn't gel with the tiny world of Winnie the Pooh.

Junior Potato
    Perhaps the big world of Spider Jerusalem would do you some good.