Page 2021 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1021152119211971201120192020202120222023203120712121 ... LastLast
Results 20,201 to 20,210 of 24776

Thread: Politics

If SW indeed made that small mistake with their original statement, sadly it has already embolden the antivaxxers... they are already thinking 1/3 of the pilots are with them. Next will be truck drivers, bus drivers and healthcare workers...

I'm beginning to think vaccine mandate is a bad idea. Whenever something goes wrong, they can blame it on the mandate... our city's inability to find bus drivers is real. Maybe we can give them the choice to pick mask or vaccine, but you cannot reject both. With such a hardliner approach, some people just freel the need to rebel I guess.

Administrator
    Speaking of conspiracy theories, Mike Lindell (the MyPillow guy) is now saying that all these election audits in Arizona and elsewhere are actually "fraudits", and that they're all part of the original coverup.

It's stuff like that make me fall on the side of vaccine mandates. The conspiracy theory people will find a way to come up with one anyway. If it doesn't fit what they want the truth to be, then it's just part of the conspiracy. In the meantime, the mandates are proven to get some of the vaccine hesitant to just go ahead and get it. I think the downside only exists if you expect the holdouts to act rationally, which they are not going to do.

Case in point, now there's a theory going around that General Dynamics just canceled their plans for a vaccine mandate after 40% of their workers walked off the job. The two big problems with that are that no workers walked off the job, and GD didn't even have a vaccine mandate to begin with, much less one they canceled.

I’m still not so sure a hardline approach is the best when dealing with irrational people.

It’s one thing to lay down the law to my kid when my kid has became too unreasonable and I have ran out of patience…. But not sure if this is a good approach with other unreasonable adults.

Case in point, our superior shock and awe firepower is no match to the irrational suicide terrorist bombers. We wasted trillions and decades on them and we still lose. Hardliners never win in the end.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 12th, 2021 at 06:55 PM.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/southwest...214949506.html

Back to SW airlines..., the company and even the pilot's union is saying the delays are not due to pilots protesting... so I guess that should settle the issue, at least for more rational people.

Still, we DO have a very tight labor market... American's are quitting their jobs at record numbers for various reasons. I think the pandemic has opened some people's eyes a bit more as to what's more important in life? With our government's failed attempt at raising minimum wage, it's nice to see market forces are driving up wages without the need to beg senators like Manchin for living wages. Companies should also not complain too much because market is dictating these raises, not the government...

In this day and age, I guess the just-in-time way of supplying stuffs just wont work right now? Similarly, perhaps we are not as automated as we think we are? When things work too smoothly, I guess it's easy to take essential workers for granted.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    This should end any debates about 'The body is a political battleground'.

Also it makes evidently clear that Montana >>>> Michigan.

acket.

That cracks me up every time I see it, but also important to note, its fake/satire: https://twitter.com/SortaBad/status/...765151232?s=20

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    WV does have a Kevin James kink, though.

I have no proof but I don't need it.
    acket.

Administrator
    Washington Post article on "The Great Resignation": https://wapo.st/3aBkIRF

It jibes at least partially with what I'm hearing anecdotally - a lot of people who a year ago were "essential workers" not being treated like they're essential. I'm also interested to see if vaccine mandates from some companies might have the opposite effect of what's feared, United said they received over 20,000 applications for 2,000 open spots after announcing they were going to mandate vaccinations. It would follow what I've heard from some friends in New York - the bars got more crowded after they started requiring vaccines because now people felt safer going to them.

I just saw that United Airlines say that of their >67,000 employees, 232 have refused to get vaccinated and are undergoing "the termination process," so it sounds like United at least will weather that.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    WV does have a Kevin James kink, though.

I have no proof but I don't need it.
    That's not WV......

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Washington Post article on "The Great Resignation": https://wapo.st/3aBkIRF

It jibes at least partially with what I'm hearing anecdotally - a lot of people who a year ago were "essential workers" not being treated like they're essential. I'm also interested to see if vaccine mandates from some companies might have the opposite effect of what's feared, United said they received over 20,000 applications for 2,000 open spots after announcing they were going to mandate vaccinations. It would follow what I've heard from some friends in New York - the bars got more crowded after they started requiring vaccines because now people felt safer going to them.

I just saw that United Airlines say that of their >67,000 employees, 232 have refused to get vaccinated and are undergoing "the termination process," so it sounds like United at least will weather that.
    I like the sound of that.

However, it is still quite annoying to keep on hearing different stories with each side bolstering it’s case…

I guess only time will tell which side is really true. I still don’t really trust these big companies, media and government nor do I trust those irrational folks and their media… so yeah, will just have to be patient and let time work it’s magic.