Page 1013 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1351391396310031011101210131014101510231063111315132013 ... LastLast
Results 10,121 to 10,130 of 24771

Thread: Politics

Lindsay Graham said this:

"Well, I think all of us realize that if we fail on taxes, that's the end of the Republican Party's governing majority in 2018," he said. "We'll lose the House, probably lose ground in the Senate. And President Trump has got a profile different from the party - there's kinda two or three different Republican Parties now, I guess. But we're all in it together."
    and I found it very interesting. It seems like he believes the GOP's attraction is its fiscal policy, but I don't believe it. I think the modern GOP's attraction is its anti-people policy, its anti-everyone's who's not a rich white man policy. Even though Trump was the winner, every one on deck on '16 was against at least one group of people, and Trump is opposed to pretty much everyone. I think if the GOP fails on tax reform it won't mean anything... none of the bigoted, prejudiced, racist asswipes are going to vote for a commie just because the GOP failed to lower taxes. They'll blame the failure on the commies, redouble their efforts, and get someone who offers even more outrageous rhetoric, won't they? If there was a "Republican" who wanted to cut taxes and programs and increase the self-oversight of states but who was demonstrably committed to atheist homosexual black female veteran small business owners, I'd consider that person. Probably wouldn't get my vote, but I wouldn't dismiss them out of hand. What scares me most about Graham's comment is that if he believes fiscal policy is the GOP's defining characteristic, then he must also fundamentally accept the GOP's social policy is effectively beyond reproach... In my mind, that's a complete and total misunderstanding of the problem. I mean, at the end of the day maybe more Federal programs/oversight/meddling is good and maybe it's not. The specifics and the degrees and the implementation are debatable. What's not debatable is equal chances, opportunities, safety, justice, and health. The Constitution largely leaves business open for discussion; it pretty much defines how people should be treated. We should be able to discuss the former objectively and critically. The latter shouldn't even be a discussion.

What blows my mind is how the Kansas debacle is not brought up EVERY TIME the Republicans bring up tax cuts.

Congress critter: We believe that ... tax cuts... prosperity and jobs.. the entire economy ... blah blah blah.
    Reporter: The results achieved in Kansas with largely the same cuts inspired very different results. Care to comment on that?
    CC: Well ... unrelated... isolated incident... single example... supply side economics...
    Reporter #2: Can you explain how the results achieved in Kansas would be avoided while following the exact same trajectory as they took? Etc etc etc

We seriously need to "flat earth' that tax cuts nonsense.

The Constitution largely leaves business open for discussion; it pretty much defines how people should be treated. We should be able to discuss the former objectively and critically. The latter shouldn't even be a discussion.
    Problem with the us constitution is that it's only applicable for us citizens. Our govt doesn't have to be civil/humane in Cuba for example. Once your are a possible enemy of the state, we can fuck with you however we want.

We also have a tradition to believe that 'all men' doesn't really include women nor nonwhites.

Rather than relying on several amendments to help steer the nation on the right path, a truly great america needs to be able to treat everyone the same.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    in other news....MANY signs are pointing to Mueller handing out his first indictments of Trump associates in the coming weeks.

This is why we're suddenly seeing a huge uptick in Hillary blaming for various things as Trump & his Russian bots attempt to muddy the facts of the situation.

Quoting myself as it may be sooner than I thought!

Exclusive: First charges filed in Mueller investigation

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/27/politi...ion/index.html

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

Word.

George Takei‏Verified account @GeorgeTakei 2h2 hours ago

It’s rather surreal that when we hear “charges have been filed,” we don’t even know which of the criminals in the White House is up first.

Female Masturbatory Aid

A big part of me is expecting charges against Democrats. Because that's where we're at now.

I wouldn't entirely rule that out, but none of the news thus far seems to suggest it. I think the first round will end up being private citizens like Manafort - people on the periphery of the elections who leveraged shady business connections improperly. Mueller is not fucking around.