Page 1104 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1046041004105410941102110311041105110611141154120416042104 ... LastLast
Results 11,031 to 11,040 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    My understanding is that China rapidly went from not producing to producing a lot of steel and aluminum, and though while the U.S. is not a big consumer of chinese steel the global price is pressured because of China's excess production, and a tariff would not effect the NA market of that product (because it consumes from itself) but it would boost revenue for american produducers of steel as the global market would shift because of the tariffs.

It really sounds like burning the house to save, I don't know, the hamster?
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    I don't understand that mess he is creating. Is he just trying to inflate prices and shareholder returns in the short term, consequences be damned?
    Part of the chaos is deliberate, to hide and obfuscate the corruption and theft going on elsewhere.

I'm sure there was some rage tweeting that the news extensively covered when the Bears Ears park/ conservation area was reduced in size; which we now know was to profit oil and gas companies who wanted to drill/ whatever there.

I guess.
    acket.

So, forgive me, because I heard on CBC this morning that the main reason for the tariffs was to prevent buying "cheap overstock" steel from Russia and China. Initially it was thought the tariffs would affect Canada and Mexico but now they say it doesn't include us... So what's the problem exactly?

(There has to be a problem. Trump thought it up.)

I'll jump on the Trump bandwagon (is there a name for it?) if he mends things with N.Korean

North Korea are just singing the same song they've been singing over and over for decades

Administrator
    Yeah, the possible negative to this is that N. Korea has been asking for *years* for talks with the west, but the US' policy has always been to ignore that, believing that it would give their government a legitimacy (or feeling thereof) that they don't have now. Changing that in the face of their nuclear tests and posturing could potentially be giving them what they want as a result of their saber-rattling, which might be counterproductive if we want them to get rid of any nuclear weapons.

Then again, I tend to err on the side of "it's better to talk", so we'll see.

Administrator
    That payment that Michael Cohen supposedly made of his own volition and from his own pocket to Stormy Daniels? Negotiations and bank arrangements were all made from his trump.org email address and acting as "special counsel to Donald J. Trump."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ements-n855021

Only the best people. Really like smart and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    That payment that Michael Cohen supposedly made of his own volition and from his own pocket to Stormy Daniels? Negotiations and bank arrangements were all made from his trump.org email address and acting as "special counsel to Donald J. Trump."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ements-n855021

Only the best people. Really like smart and stuff.
    A diagram of ineptitude.
    acket.

Female Masturbatory Aid