Page 1382 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 3828821282133213721380138113821383138413921432148218822382 ... LastLast
Results 13,811 to 13,820 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I know you’ve always paid very close attention, but after he has gotten away with so many falsehoods and BS... I just couldn’t care anymore. Since he’s seemingly unimpeachable, we’ll have to make sure he’s defeated come 2020.

Anyway, I really think Yang is the new Bernie. Although he probably won’t be the nominee just like Bernie 4yrs ago, but surely his message will continue on. Biden is already starting to sound like him.

It's fucking 2019 billi. Google is still free.

Lets say he's impeached by congress. Once he is impeached, it goes to the senate and what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    [/spoiler]

It's fucking 2019 billi. Google is still free.

Lets say he's impeached by congress. Once he is impeached, it goes to the senate and what happens?
    I'll tell you. Nothing happens. The Senate won't do anything. And Trump will remain in office.
    Then Trump will turn around and say "they tried to impeach me but as you can see, i'm still here. They tried their impeachment with fake news and information, etc etc etc" and spin it to his hearts content. His base will lap it up, it shows how "untouchable" Trump is. Liberals tried to take him out and failed. Some undecideds will decide that's enough for them and join that cause. And of course the media will trumpet to the skies the failed attempt by the Democrats. Trump will use it to fundraise "the libs are trying to overthrow your fairly elected government" and (if hes smart) he'll share the wealth down ballot, making his grip on power more absolute.

It makes the democrats seem even more powerless and makes them seem more inept.

But go off youngblood, tell us what happens if congress impeaches him
    Last edited by neanderthal; September 19th, 2019 at 11:30 AM.

Wow. Hope you let off some steam?

Best way to oust this president is by voting in somebody better. You can keep on blaming me or other 3rd party voters if you want. I’ll just continue to blame the DNC for insisting on Hillary and not capitalizing or at least consolidating on sanders momentum.

Hillary wasn’t the better candidate because I’m not sure if she had any real core values. She’s just a more politically correct trump, would say or be whatever voters or lobbyists want. The only dem candidate like that now is probably Harris. Used to be your favorite, is she still is?

The only possible way for dem to lose my vote again is to nominate Harris as their candidate. I think the likelihood of that should be low.

This time around, pretty much every candidate is a type of Bernie Sanders.

Btw, how many times do you really need to remind me google is free? Do you really believe that I don’t know that? Come on dude, come up with better and new insults at least.

Lastly, you really need to stop warping twist other people's words and actions. Do you know me? No you don't. You don't even believe I can google. After I googled and found a 'white' psychologist... you can immediately tell by the color of his skin that his words are wrong.

Dude, you are a black/thought supremacist! Anyone who doesn't fit your 'dogma' is just fucking wrong, right?

Why are you afraid to compare 'dogmas' and may the best dogma win?

Let's move the discussion forward dude.

Which candidate do you support and why?

I support Yang. Why? Because I think he has a better plan for everything than Warren. Only draw back is that he lacks political experience, but not sure if that's a bad thing.

Hope you'll be able to respond with why your candidate is better and not just continue to mouth off Yang and Billi and other white people who disagree with you.

Hope we can have meaningful discussions.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 19th, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I'll tell you. Nothing happens. The Senate won't do anything. And Trump will remain in office.
    Then Trump will turn around and say "they tried to impeach me but as you can see, i'm still here. They tried their impeachment with fake news and information, etc etc etc" and spin it to his hearts content. His base will lap it up, it shows how "untouchable" Trump is. Liberals tried to take him out and failed. Some undecideds will decide that's enough for them and join that cause. And of course the media will trumpet to the skies the failed attempt by the Democrats. Trump will use it to fundraise "the libs are trying to overthrow your fairly elected government" and (if hes smart) he'll share the wealth down ballot, making his grip on power more absolute.

It makes the democrats seem even more powerless and makes them seem more inept.

But go off youngblood, tell us what happens if congress impeaches him
    I definitely disagree on that one. I mean, yes, the Senate won't do anything and Trump will remain in office. Totally agree with you there.

The thing is, Trump already does all those things. And his base already believes it. In the meantime, impeachment hearings would open up a lot more avenues of investigation and get the facts of those investigations out to more people who may be on the fence about him. It'd also potentially create a bigger showdown with the Senate - given enough evidence, it could easily become framed as whether the Republican-led Senate cares about the country or the party. Impeachment hearings aren't just saying you want to impeach and having a vote, it's a whole investigative process.

Also, don't forget that Nixon was pretty popular and had a supportive senate when the house held hearings on his impeachment.

I definitely get the idea that Trump will use it to rally his base, but IMHO he's already doing that, so to me there's basically nothing to lose at this point.

We tried with Mueller. Got us nowhere.

Pretty sure we can try and try again, and still nothing would happen.

I wouldn't say there's nothing to lose in more attempts. You just end up wasting time and taxpayer's money. Most effective way is to vote in a better president!

Our current political system is just getting busier and busier bringing the opposition down and catering to the super rich all the while not doing anything else that they should be doing. That's why the nation is literally falling apart and grinding to a halt!

Plus, what's the point of bringing Trump down if DNC has no clear leadership or vision? Let's say we got rid of all conservative republicans politicians... what then?

How will you fix our screwed up expensive as hell healthcare? How would you fix high cost of seemingly useless higher education? Globalization and automation will render most americans useless... what then? Will democrats really care about average americans? or will democrats focus on saving the planet 1st by passing legislations regarding straw use and ensure we that have enough unisex bathrooms... not saying that our planet or the marginalized are unimportant, but when bulk of the average americans are left behind due to various reasons... can we really just tell them, well, you had your white priviliges, so screw you guys. We need to save earth 1st and the people you stepped on 1st. If we continued to have this kind of attitude, surely Trump II will come back stronger and oranger!

Administrator
    If only there were some sort of televised debates and campaign events and websites and interviews where these candidates could discuss their plans and we could learn about them. Oh, what a world that would be.

Yes, after we studied them, which democratic candidate do you think is the most appealing to the trump supporters?

Most capable of bridging the wealth gap?

I’m not attacking warren, I don’t mind if she ended up winning, I just think there’s a better man for the job.

Also, my earlier comments was meant to remind liberals to not focus too much on partisan politics but attention should be paid to actually fixing America’s trouble road ahead... there’s no time for status quo and partisan politics.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 19th, 2019 at 03:27 PM.

Administrator
    This little GTX poll has more of a "nice answer, but you're wrong" vibe than I'm used to from polls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I definitely disagree on that one. I mean, yes, the Senate won't do anything and Trump will remain in office. Totally agree with you there.

The thing is, Trump already does all those things. And his base already believes it. In the meantime, impeachment hearings would open up a lot more avenues of investigation and get the facts of those investigations out to more people who may be on the fence about him. It'd also potentially create a bigger showdown with the Senate - given enough evidence, it could easily become framed as whether the Republican-led Senate cares about the country or the party. Impeachment hearings aren't just saying you want to impeach and having a vote, it's a whole investigative process.

Also, don't forget that Nixon was pretty popular and had a supportive senate when the house held hearings on his impeachment.

I definitely get the idea that Trump will use it to rally his base, but IMHO he's already doing that, so to me there's basically nothing to lose at this point.
    See, ... I happen to agree with that. We definitely need impeachment, but the timing is not right. The masses will have forgotten what happened in a year. This impeachment inquiry by Congress ideally starts to happen in April- ish. Maybe May. And the investigation should be into Trump but also all the other scummy politicians who have enabled him, profited from his regime (McConnell and Chao for instance) and just bring the whole thing crumbling down like Drogon going after the throne. Ideally that concludes in August or so, leaving the Senate plenty of time to ... probably do nothing.

Now with an impeachment, and a do nothing Senate, dems can hammer home that Trump is just the head of the snake, that all the GOP are complicit, etc.

If they leave it too late Mitch will just do nothing. It must conclude with plenty of time for the Senate to sit.

My beef is with the "impeach now" crowd. Impeaching now is a short term plan that gets us nothing, either now or long term. Impeaching middle of next year, voters will have the testimony fresh in their minds (compared to now) and lack of action will be fodder for all the television and radio ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    This little GTX poll has more of a "nice answer, but you're wrong" vibe than I'm used to from polls.
    Oh com’on you guys give me much stronger vibes!

Whether we’re right or left, it’s up to us to decide.

We absolutely need to make America think harder rather than allowing our emotions to run too wild...