Page 1910 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 9101410181018601900190819091910191119121920196020102410 ... LastLast
Results 19,091 to 19,100 of 24769

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Oooh, I'd never heard that one before, but goddamn have I run into it.

What do you call the tactic that introduced 2 different goal posts and then accuse Billi for moving them as if they’re one?

Anyway, I have to agree to just disagree and not waste each other’s time.

Administrator
    Oh, Billi.

NOT. ONE. REPUBLICAN voted for the COVID relief bill.

Nevermind that the economy is hanging on by a thread, millions are out of work, the pandemic is still pandemicking, they decided fuck the little people.

Hey, Trump broke with GOP and wanted to give $2000 to Americans, not just $1400.

That’s why he just might return in 2024. Like I said, somebody better put him in prison soon...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 27th, 2021 at 09:42 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    There's bi national "summit" today, between Mr. Biden and Mr. Lopez Obrador.

According to some economists, 3% of the population of the United States is made up of undocumented migrants, that's roughly 10 million people. Most of those migrants are employed in what those economists deem essential jobs, they add that it makes economic sense to provide them with basic healthcare, including but not limited to covid vaccination.

Mr. Lopez Obrador calculates that the U.S. economy needs between 600k and 800k Mexican workers and he plans to make a deal for a new bracero program, the WWII temporary manual laborer program.

If you guys had a functioning elections system, such a proposal would be already signed. But, because people in de-industrialized areas are still buying the rugged celebrity narrative that the financial elites so kindly sponsor thru their mouthpieces, we'll all lose.

Again.
    acket.

I think our election system still somewhat works... that's why when enough people were unhappy with Obama, somebody like Trump was able to take over. 4 years later, when enough people are sick of Trump, he wasn't able to win reelection... even with 'sleepy Joe' as his competitor.

Don't blame it all on the US. If Mexico were more like Canada, we would not have this undocumented worker problems. We don't get a bunch of undocumented Canadian workers here, right?

Also, when it comes to the inequalities of rich and poor, Mexico is probably way more out of whack than the US?

Both nations share responsibility in the exploitation of undocumented Mexican workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Don't blame it all on the US. If Mexico were more like Canada, we would not have this undocumented worker problems. We don't get a bunch of undocumented Canadian workers here, right?
    Yes, there are a lot of Canadian workers who overstay their permits.

It is orders of magnitude harder to get a tourist visa for a Canadian versus a Mexican citizen.

Original NAFTA effects on Mexican rural regions were foreseeable, there were, in fact, provisions for temporary work permits negotiated with Bush Sr. that Clinton reneged on, renegotiated, and then reneged on.

A streamlined, legal administrative procedure for temporary, rural and construction work for Mexican nationals to come to the U.S. that is much cheaper in economic and social costs is possible.

All the hypocritical immigration red tape put on by both parties is very effective in forcing people into illegal channels and into the hands of human traffickers, it is a source of revenue for the wrong sectors of the economy. The current arrangement is not only unmoral, it is inhumane, anti-christian, inefficient and stupid. It is also very effective for fear-mongering politicians.
    acket.

Yes, that I can’t disagree with. Current arrangement really sucks. We exploit Mexican workers and then we make them out to be the bad guys breaking our laws...

Anyway, just wanted to express the little faith I have in our electoral process after 2020. Our main problem is corruption. At least it hasn’t corrupted our process to the point of completely dysfunctional yet...

Speaking of Canada, there are different versions of this meme in spanish-speaking countries:

When you visit Canada, When Canada visits you.
    acket.