Page 1879 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 8791379177918291869187718781879188018811889192919792379 ... LastLast
Results 18,781 to 18,790 of 24878

Thread: Politics

Junior Potato
    Seems like they're grifting onto whatever entity helps them maintain their independence from China. They will cut and run towards the Democrats if they show a hint of being 'tough on China.'

But consider this:

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/20...7_Un_53a3Agjec

Read into it what you want, but what I see is simply a move by the outgoing Republicans to do something on the edge of silly, so that when the Democrats inevitably roll it back they look weak, thus allowing the Republicans to score political points.

Nobody in their right mind would properly go toe-to-toe with China. It's military and economic suicide. And the moves by the Republicans are simply moving chess pieces around to suit their own ends.

It just makes the activities of the HK protesters look all the more foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Read into it what you want, but what I see is simply a move by the outgoing Republicans to do something on the edge of silly, so that when the Democrats inevitably roll it back they look weak, thus allowing the Republicans to score political points.
    Of course.

And the moves by the Republicans are simply moving chess pieces around to suit their own ends.
    Of course.

If this comment had been reported to Billi's buddies a few years ago and you were ethnic Chinese and lived here, it's quite likely that:

1. You and your family would have been doxxed.

2. You would be roundly and virtually lynched/denounced online as a 50-cent (i.e. paid cybertrooper) CCP stooge/kowtowing to authoritarianism blah blah blah.

3. Anywhere from tens, hundreds, to even thousands of strangers (possibly even some of your friends!) would happily have wished death upon you and your entire family, online. Some would probably make death threats/menaces. All because paragraphs 1 and 2.

4. Any kids you had would be bullied in school, because paragraphs 1 and 2.

5. If you were employed, tens or hundreds of irate people writing to your employer telling them that you should be fired, because paragraphs 1 and 2.

6. If you own or participate in a business, your business would be put on a list of businesses to avoid (and possibly attacked, the euphemism amongst Billi's bros being "renovated", if the opportunity arose), because paragraphs 1 and 2.

7. Most, if not all, of the above would not be reported in the western English-language media.

But I guess some people on this forum don't seem to think that these are things to be worried about. Because Trump Pompeo Cruz Cotton Hawley and her emails?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    The NRA is bankrupt.

They have filed for Ch. 11 protections.
    acket.

Seems like they're grifting onto whatever entity helps them maintain their independence from China. They will cut and run towards the Democrats if they show a hint of being 'tough on China.'

But consider this:

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/20...7_Un_53a3Agjec

Nobody in their right mind would properly go toe-to-toe with China. It's military and economic suicide. And the moves by the Republicans are simply moving chess pieces around to suit their own ends.

In the days when even Top Gun Maverick feel the need to remove Taiwanese flag on his flight jacket in order to sell his movie in China, I applaud Trump admins move when it comes to dealing with China.

Normalization with China since the 70s had been good for China and her people, but has it really been that good for the world? Yeah, everyone got richer and everyone got cheap iPhones but nearly everyone got the virus too.

For HK protesters, trump was their last hope and that hope is dashed.

Trump is definitely not a good and a dangerous president, but CCP ain’t saints either.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    The NRA is bankrupt.

They have filed for Ch. 11 protections.
    Nah, they are just exploiting a loophole to avoid a lawsuit.

I sure hope in a few years "Trump" is used as a new term for EPIC disaster.

You really Trumped that car repair!!!

Add it to Urban Dictionary.

Junior Potato
    I made a post some time ago which I couldn’t be bothered to search for, and in it I made some predictions about how inauguration day would go down. I’m pretty sure I said it would happen behind closed doors due to fear of safety risks, but I also definitely said that Trump wouldn’t be there because he is a sore loser.

So, without proof to back myself up, can I definitively state that I called at least one of those predictions?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...8TygSqjLUFOSZU

It is amazing how fragile his ego is

Especially if you are soft target, one that is not powerful enough to do much about it.
    Wouldnt it suck if they banned or heavily taxed most of your exports!!!