Page 1028 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 2852892897810181026102710281029103010381078112815282028 ... LastLast
Results 10,271 to 10,280 of 24733

Thread: Politics

I really hope the DNC backs someone fresh this time around. Clinton, Biden, Sanders, etc, need to stay away.

why must sanders or biden stay away, assuming they're still alive and healthy?

Anyway, moral of the story is that DNC shouldn't be 'backing' anybody! Just let the best man or woman win without meddling or giving the appearance of meddling.

Last time, it looks to me that DNC backed Clinton unfairly. Even the liberal media backed Clinton unfairly by giving her more coverage and shutting out Sanders.

Of course some claims that DNC was just weak and ineffective to be able to pull something like that off..., that's a possibility, but if that's true, that certainly made it easier for rich Hillary to storm in and take over the party.

Whatever and however it happened, I do believe the best man was shafted.

I think even Neanderthal would agree Sanders is the better candidate, but the better candidate didn't win the primary for one reason or another.

Maybe democratic voters are just as stupid and the republican ones?

Nah.

It's the crappy system.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 13th, 2017 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I really hope the DNC backs someone fresh this time around. Clinton, Biden, Sanders, etc, need to stay away.
    Warren, Franken... I've grown to like Franken, just a no BS kind of guy.

Well considering that now literally ANYONE can apparently be President (qualifications be damned), does it really matter?

If it doesn't matter what are you complaining about?

Das my point -- I haven't complained about any potential Presidential candidates, 'cause it literally cannot get any worse than the Orange Nightmare we currently have.

I'm voting for Ted Nugent.

(not really)

While terrifying, does The Nuge really have the facilities in place to monetize the White House like Trump currently is doing?

I think you'd just get 1/2 Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Neanderthal, you give trump too much credit.

Presidents definitely can be influential but they are not kings.

Black lives matter started during the obama admin, remember?

Hillary will sound and look presidential, but she won't actually accomplish much.

The system is fucked up, getting upset with American voters who don't agree with you isn't the solution. There will always be people who disagree with you, but we can achieve a political system that's less corrupt.
    There you go again (bolded.) You really have a hard on for Hillary, and seek her failure at every step. Never with any tangible proof at any of those junctions of course.

President Obama, the least qualified (if we go by fox News, since that's where you seem to derive your ... never mind!) POTUS maned to end being arguably (no argument on my part, considering the outright hostility he faced from the Congress) among the best Presidents we have ever had, given a dire economy, overburdened military, two wars/ occupations, international opinion, stock market etcetc etc. I could list the litany of things that bedevilled our country at his inauguration.
    Hillary was probably the most qualified person to ever run for POTUS. But I digress.

I'm not giving Trump "credit." Those are actual, cringeworthy things he has said, done, or not done, that a half decent human being would not have done/said, not done. That's not even a complete list.

Everybody remembers the horror of Katrina and the aftermath, but we've nearly forgotten Puerto Rico because of this ghastly administration. Still no power and running water to most of the island, surgeries were being done by flashlight.
    Days later, multiple verified witnesses and sources later, he has yet to denounce Roy Moore. Then again he has his own closet full of sexual harassment skeletons he probably doesn't want to open. There's a 33 year old wet behind the ears barely out of law school, completely disqualified according to the law association, ready to take a federal judgeship.

Then again, you're not the one to bear the brunt of these policies so it's all a big joke to you. You seem rather glib about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This. So much this.
    More than anything, I hope they can solidify their platform and figure out their message. GOP kills them at messaging. If they can do that and coalesce around a single candidate they should defeat Donny.

GOP would be wise to start over. This presidency is NOT going to reflect well on them. If Evan McMillan (? Utah Republican) decided to go rogue and primary Don don I reckon he'd give the orangatang a fright. GOP needs their own non horrific candidate who is not a Koch acolyte.

They've a quagmire to navigate extricating themselves out of the grip of the billionaires though.
    Last edited by neanderthal; November 13th, 2017 at 04:52 PM.