Page 1152 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1526521052110211421150115111521153115411621202125216522152 ... LastLast
Results 11,511 to 11,520 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    it's ok, once he gets a few more Twitter rants going, undoing what he just said, he'll feel better

Administrator
    Course, then he backpedaled the backpedal: "I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there."

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Facebook reminded me that four years ago today, Russia shot down MH17, killing 300 civilians. 80 of which were children. And many of the total were from (now former?) allies.
    38 Australian citizens and residents. The fact that the US spent the week attacking it's allies and siding with the people who shot down the civilian aircraft containing all those Australians isn't something which is noticed in passing, it is at the core of the story.

This is weird. I don't understand why he can't at least pretend to be tougher with Putin. The whole world is already suspicious, the very least they can do is pretend to be hostile to each other?

Putin must really have something on Trump and wish to let the whole world know he's got Trump on a leash...

Is there really a need for further investigations?

Anyway, on the bright side, if we judge/rank US presidents by # or size of bogus wars started, Trump isn't so bad... yet. Cozy with world dictators..., he wouldn't start wars with our allies, would he? Sigh, fingers crossed.

Administrator
    There was an article on GQ that theorized that they don't really have the kompromat we all think on Trump - we've already been shown it. Trump's whole worldview lies on the idea that his victory was legitimate, that he easily crushed Hillary, and the idea that Russia had something to do with it is something he has to fight tooth and nail against. He can't truly admit that they meddled in the election without raising the possibility that his victory wasn't real. We already know he basically has no shame over sex, but he has constant shame over the idea that he didn't win a dominant victory (despite the fact that even based on the electoral college, it was one of the closer ones).

Also, not truly political, but was an interesting article and at least tangentially related (warning: long): https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ruth-alt-right

Um, (as you indicate) by no stretch of the imagination did he crush Hillary. I searched the web for UK protest signs, but didn't actually see any saying "Didn't actually win the popular vote".

Okay, even allowing for some irregularities happening in only Hillary's favour, he still would have had a very narrow margin of victory and should realize he had, and probably still has, a large proportion of opposition.

I mean, in television coverage of the election, Trump appeared totally surprised that he had actually won, presumably because it was counter to the predicted results before the election.

I noticed something strange about the CNN soundbites (on the Daily Show) that I saw of the intelligence recantation. Usually Trump is depicted by the media with a hostile sneer on his face. I always wonder if the media try hard to select only such images. But in that interview he almost looked like a friendly, reasonable human being.

Perhaps when he looks like that he should be trusted even less.

Clearly has three behaviour sets.

One for face to face and two for indirects, one for supporters and one for opponents.
    All are clearly true but can't say what is real, if any.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    he still never laughs....that should scare everyone

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    Um, (as you indicate) by no stretch of the imagination did he crush Hillary.
    Absolutely. As far as I know, Trump is the only one talking about was a massive landslide it was. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...agan/98002648/

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon
    I noticed something strange about the CNN soundbites (on the Daily Show) that I saw of the intelligence recantation. Usually Trump is depicted by the media with a hostile sneer on his face. I always wonder if the media try hard to select only such images. But in that interview he almost looked like a friendly, reasonable human being.
    This isn't something I've noticed, and not to say that media bias isn't there, but I've noticed the "sneer" appears to be his "I'm being very serious and presidential" face.

Administrator
    Post the closed door meeting, then press conference, with Putin, which was just after the "bash NATO a little" conference, Trump got asked about Montenegro by Tucker Carlson. Montenegro has recently joined NATO, and the two of them expressed incredulity that NATO members should be expected to defend this tiny nation against Russian aggression, especially since it could start World War III. Seemed odd that suddenly those two are talking about Montenegro, but whatevs.

Turns out back in 2008, when McCain was running for President, he started advocating for Montenegro's independence from Serbia. This was in Russia's best interests as it would allow them to establish a port in the Mediterranean, something they didn't currently have. When this was all happening, Rick Davis and Paul Manafort were two of McCain's advisors.

Weird, that.