Page 1696 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 6961196159616461686169416951696169716981706174617962196 ... LastLast
Results 16,951 to 16,960 of 24878

Thread: Politics

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...mp-donor-ousts

The postal service is continuing to get worse and worse in terms of delays.

If you have an absentee or mail in ballot, do NOT wait until the last minute to send it in. Give it at least a week worth of delivery time just to he sure. I legitimately cannot guarentee it will get processed in time.
    Noted.
    Also important to note that with all the efforts by Republicans to limit voting, encourage everyone you know to sign up for absentee ballots so that there aren't stupid long lines on election day. Or use early voting if available.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    You can also drop off absentee ballots, at least in some states.
    In LA my apartment was right across the road from my polling place, an elementary school. I'd walk my ass in, bypass the line, and drop my absentee ballot in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...mp-donor-ousts

The postal service is continuing to get worse and worse in terms of delays.

If you have an absentee or mail in ballot, do NOT wait until the last minute to send it in. Give it at least a week worth of delivery time just to he sure. I legitimately cannot guarentee it will get processed in time.
    Democrats need to dump a metric shit ton of money into getting this messaging out. Send in your ballots a month in advance if you can. Or drop them off, preferably, if available.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    You can also drop off absentee ballots, at least in some states.
    Here in CA now you can drop it off I think up to two weeks in advance. They have fewer polling places but they open up well before election day and you can do in-person voting or drop off absentee ballots any of the days they're open.

Since the plan to have all registered voters get an absentee ballot went into place, we've already gotten one mailer to verify that we are the correct people at this address and another to ask our preferred language for the ballot. Norwegian wasn't an option.

I saw somewhere that the Postmaster General has raised the price of mail in ballots to 50c from the 10c they currently are (as bulk mail.) All to raise the cost of going "mail in" for states.

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...ushmore-2020-8

Really confirms the narcissistic personality disorder (as if we needed something else on that mounting pile)

In good news, Kia Kahale wins the Democratic primary for Tulsi Gabbard's seat.

Because fuck that bitch.

https://twitter.com/RedTRaccoon/stat...336158720?s=19

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    And this is why desperate people elect a media figure instead of a politician:

Or, in the words of many authors, in conditions like these people will keep voting for trumps, but the next one won't be an idiot.
    acket.

Administrator
    What's so weird is that Trump is almost the perfect example of that disparity. Talentless hack who made money by stiffing actual workers. He's almost the personification of what people are angry about.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Not to those whose only experience of him is thru filtered content, like so-called reality TV.
    acket.